Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Unlimited 5/24 exempt?(Nope)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited 5/24 exempt?

And the results are in...Rejection...because of course Smiley Tongue figured it was worth a shot, but yes, of course it is 5/24 as others state also. It'll be the next card i get in a year...this or the freedom anyway(Maybei can hopefully sneak both through at 4/24) 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited 5/24 exempt?

@Anonymous wrote:

And the results are in...Rejection...because of course Smiley Tongue figured it was worth a shot, but yes, of course it is 5/24 as others state also. It'll be the next card i get in a year...this or the freedom anyway(Maybei can hopefully sneak both through at 4/24) 

I've seen quite a few people get 2 cards at 4/24  that way if you apply pretty much at the same time. Hoping to do so myself with CSP + FU soon Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited 5/24 exempt?(Nope)

Applied in branch today. Was pre-approved for both CFU and Slate and was approved for the former. I was not pre-approved online. I am well over 5 cards over the past 24 months (was hit with it when I applied for the Slate back in January).

I asked the banker if the 5/24 rule mattered for the CFU especially now that the application is live. She had no idea, but I told her to pull the trigger. Immediately approved for $17,000 at 14.24% after the 0% for 15 months.

TLDR: Can confirm that pre-approval for the Chase Freedom Unlimited in branch doesn't take 5/24 to consideration as of April 2nd, but of course this was only for me. Can be different for someone else.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited 5/24 exempt?(Nope)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm bank pre-approval is a tried and true way around it. I haven't seen any rejections on in bank preapps. Also I think 97% of bankers have no clue what a 5/24 rule is. Like zero idea. You might get one lucky one who knows about their own job, but most don't know at all.

Congrats on your approvals. I had zero chance of preapproval because of a opt out notice on my reports. I'll check it again in a few weeks but I'm sure I won't be pre approved(definitely won't blindly app until next year though) =p. Good luck to everyone, don't app blind if you've had 5/24(excluding au and store cards)
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.