New Contributor

Freedom Unlimited Live!

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited live @ CK

So what's the main differences between the unlimited and the QuickSilver?

Message 2 of 16
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So what's the main differences between the unlimited and the QuickSilver?

They are clones basically

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click through, it takes you to Chase's website, which has an "Apply Now" button.

Basically, online applications for Chase Freedom Unlimited are now live.

(Mod Cut-This appears to be a referral link, you can repost a generic link as referral links are taboo on myFico)

Main difference between Chase FU and Quicksilver is that this card, when paired w/ a UR earning card, is a 1.5/$1 UR earner.

Message 4 of 16
AAstra
Regular Contributor

A lot has been said about this card on these boards since word got out of being able to PC from the Freedom to the Freedom Unlimited. It seems to me that there is a good amount of praise for the Freedom Unlimited. Me personally, I would rather have the 5% categories, especially since the categories are usually in areas where I do a lot of spending (gas/transportation, groceries, movies/restaurants, amazon/shopping, etc). Then, I'll just use my Venture or the plethora of other 1.5% cards out there for my purchases that don't hit the categories. For some reason, people seem to be ok with giving up 5% for a constant 1.5% which I don't understand because you can have both. To each their own I suppose...

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 5 of 16
InfamousRSX
New Contributor

Thanks, fixed the title

Message 6 of 16
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Can anyone confirm this doesn't subjust to 5/24?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINGERS CROSSED THAT QUICKSILVER GOES TO 2%!!!

All caps on purpose, I like Chase but I feel Cap1 is way more reasonable in a lot of ways, and I really hope all these new 1.5% cards push cap 1 to give 2% to stay on the top of the highest % simplest rewards card world.

Cap1  already had a cash select with no annual fee they offered a few months ago, why not just let that run on quicksilver and snatch up a ton of new clients.

they can just leave QS1 where it is and the QS visa sig will have 2%!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FINGERS CROSSED THAT QUICKSILVER GOES TO 2%!!!

All caps on purpose, I like Chase but I feel Cap1 is way more reasonable in a lot of ways, and I really hope all these new 1.5% cards push cap 1 to give 2% to stay on the top of the highest % simplest rewards card world.

Cap1  already had a cash select with no annual fee they offered a few months ago, why not just let that run on quicksilver and snatch up a ton of new clients.

they can just leave QS1 where it is and the QS visa sig will have 2%!

Forget about Citi DC?

I think it's a easy card. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited Live!

A 2% Quicksilver would be awesome, and it would certainly distinguish Cap1 from the saturation of 1.5% and category specific rewards. However, I don't think that just because Chase now has a 1.5%, they'll be pushed to do something that drastic. That .5%, while seemingly insignificant, will cut into their transaction profits significantly and will add up for them. They also deal with an entirety different market than Chase (for the most part. Obviously they aren't only subprime, but more so than Chase). So, while it would be awesome for a 2% Quicksilver to come out, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.