Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Unlimited upgraded to Signature

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Freedom Unlimited upgraded to Signature

Sent a SM to Chase asking if I could upgrade my FU to the signature version (this card was converted from the basic Freedom when it was introduced). Couple of days - Holiday weekend I assume - came back yes no problem the card will be upgraded after I accept the new terms - which look like the old terms. Same crappy high APR, but I PIF so it doesn't matter. For data points $10k CL, no hard pull as far as I can tell ....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Freedom Unlimited upgraded to Signature

They won't do a hard pull for this. The APR will remain the same as you noted. Chase never lowers one's APR unfortunately.

Message 2 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Signature upgrade!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Didn't know you can do Signature for a FU.
Message 4 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I sawa picture online of the Signature Version http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/chase-freedom-unlimited-review/ (mods if the link is not allowed, please kill it)

Thought what the heck, might as well ask - I've got a bunch of "signature" cards, never used ANY so called "benefit", but it's a little bit of a worthless ego-boost so why not...

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I sawa picture online of the Signature Version http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/chase-freedom-unlimited-review/ (mods if the link is not allowed, please kill it)

Thought what the heck, might as well ask - I've got a bunch of "signature" cards, never used ANY so called "benefit", but it's a little bit of a worthless ego-boost so why not...

Just a little too late! Now for a worthless ego-boost you need Visa Infinite.  Sig is SOOOO last year.

Message 6 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a little too late! Now for a worthless ego-boost you need Visa Infinite.  Sig is SOOOO last year.

Heh, find one without an AF and I'll consider it otherwise my ego can suffer Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.