Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Versions

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Freedom Versions

Hello

I saw someone with a holographic-y Chase Freedom card - I was wondering if this is the default or a special print?  Does that card come in a Signature/World version and perhaps that was what I saw?  I have only seen the boring solid blue one. 

Thanks 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom Versions

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

I saw someone with a holographic-y Chase Freedom card - I was wondering if this is the default or a special print?  Does that card come in a Signature/World version and perhaps that was what I saw?  I have only seen the boring solid blue one. 

Thanks 

Hey nj23!

I think you may have seen a older version of the Freedom.  Was the card being carried by an older person?  lol.  The older ones had a big Chase symbol in the center and it was kinda 3D ish.  Is this what you saw?  Otherwise, I don't know of any holographic versions of the Freedom.  I'd want one tho. haha

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

Well, the person was definately an adult - and not a young adult.  I'd say probably early-mid 30s.  It was a deeper, darker blue and was glitter-y/holographic-y.  I didn't get a great look at it.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 13
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Sounds nice!  I want one.  I have the Freedom Siggy.  I don't like how the Chase symbol is in the top right corner.  Looks uneven to me.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

I believe the Chase logo was on the left on this card and freedom was on the right.  I didn't think of that until I saw the current one in the credit card finder thing.  

Message 5 of 13
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I work with two people who have Freedom cards and they both have a hologram look (turn it from side to side and it fades in and out).  One got hers about 3 years ago and has a 2.5K limit; the other was approved less than a month ago with a $500 limit.  They are very nice looking cards.  In fact, those are the only Freedom cards I've ever seen.  I thought the hologram was the default look of the card.  I'll go so far as to say they are some of the better looking cards out there. 

Are they different by state or credit limit?  Hmmm

Edited: grammar

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 6 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

I work with two people who have Freedom cards and they both have a hologram look (turn it from side to side and it fades in and out).  One got hers about 3 years ago and has a 2.5K limit; the other was approved less than a month ago with a $500 limit.  They are very nice looking cards.  In fact, those are the only Freedom cards I've ever seen.  I thought the hologram was the default look of the card.  I'll go so far as to say they are some of the better looking cards out there. 

Are they different by state or credit limit?  Hmmm

Edited: grammar

Well, If it does vary by state, and the guy I saw with the card lives in my state, then I hope when I app later this year I get this card!  Yes, I liked the way it looked very much (although looking on google images, I saw a stainless steel version, but apparently this was just an illustration Smiley Sad.  I'd love to have the card below! 

Message 7 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

I never seen one that looks like this except on line

Message 8 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

Hmm..yeah that looks like it could be holographic-y, maybe this is what I saw - what I saw was basically only a flash. 

@john398 wrote:

I never seen one that looks like this except on line

Message 9 of 13
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

ł have the non-signature version of the Chase Freedom with a 2.2k limit and my card appears to change colors depending on how the light hits it.

The dark blue parts of the card will have a neon green tint and the silver part turns red sometimes… also the edges of the card are neon green similar to my Discover cards orange edges.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.