Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Visa Signature

tag
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Freedom Visa Signature

Happy new years all!

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 11 of 16
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! I got my signature upgrade from a secured message request followed by a phone call from one of their analysts asking for my income/debt. 

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 12 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Congratulations! I got my signature upgrade from a secured message request followed by a phone call from one of their analysts asking for my income/debt. 

Very strange...  I asked about the switch to Amazon Signature and Freedom Signature, was told it wasn't possible.

I even asked if it would be an option if I closed out a BP Signature card. The BP's not as useful now that they've stripped the 5% rebates on BP-branded gasoline. It's too confusing how the rewards structure works if you're a NJ resident.

Is there any special language that I should place in the secured message when I try to request it again?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Very strange...  I asked about the switch to Amazon Signature and Freedom Signature, was told it wasn't possible.

I even asked if it would be an option if I closed out a BP Signature card. The BP's not as useful now that they've stripped the 5% rebates on BP-branded gasoline. It's too confusing how the rewards structure works if you're a NJ resident.

Is there any special language that I should place in the secured message when I try to request it again?

What are the current CLs on both your Amazon Visa and Freedom?  How long have you had each?

Message 14 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

What are the current CLs on both your Amazon Visa and Freedom?  How long have you had each?

$5500 on the Amazon Visa. It was reinstated back in late September. At one point as high as $21k, down to $1k, and finally back to the $5500. I've had the account before they issued a Signature version, although it's only been reinstated for four months now at a limit $5k or above.

My Freedom Visa was also increased from $1k, reinstated at $5k, which was the last credit limit it had before Chase sliced the lines.  The account existed pre Signature offerings, was my Countrywide Visa back between 2005 until they converted it, so I hate to close it.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

$5500 on the Amazon Visa. It was reinstated back in late September. At one point as high as $21k, down to $1k, and finally back to the $5500. I've had the account before they issued a Signature version, although it's only been reinstated for four months now at a limit $5k or above.

My Freedom Visa was also increased from $1k, reinstated at $5k, which was the last credit limit it had before Chase sliced the lines.  The account existed pre Signature offerings, was my Countrywide Visa back between 2005 until they converted it, so I hate to close it.

Ok, the reinstatement piece shouldn't be the issue, it's whether the account was coded during the DCL process that put a risk flag on both accounts and these typically can stay there for some time.  Try again by sending SMs and simply state you would like to upgrade your current Visa Platinum (either or both) to Signature versions.  If that fails, see if an analyst (not regular CSR) through the backdoor numbers can review the request.  On the surface, it shouldn't be an issue since both CCs are at the $5K threshold.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.