ngoaa714

Re: Freedom Visa to Mastercard

I applied for the Freedom Visa card on the 8th of this month and was instantly approved. I originally wanted the Mastercard version but the Mastercard website didn't have the Freedom card. Anyways, after I was instantly approved, I called Chase's CSR immediately and told them that I wanted the Mastercard version. The CSR said something along the line of "I'll leave a note for your request to change the Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard. Your card wasn't processed yet so you're not in any danger of receiving the Visa version". Great! I thought, until my card arrived and as it turned out, they sent me a Visa version. Bummed out, I decided to activate the card anyway and create a Chase account. When I logged it, it showed that I have two Freedom cards. Three days later, the Freedom Mastercard arrived. 

P.S. @CredittotheMax, how did you get your approval equifax score? I was looking for a score in the approval letter but nothing :\

Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

ngoaa714 wrote:

I applied for the Freedom Visa card on the 8th of this month and was instantly approved. I originally wanted the Mastercard version but the Mastercard website didn't have the Freedom card. Anyways, after I was instantly approved, I called Chase's CSR immediately and told them that I wanted the Mastercard version. The CSR said something along the line of "I'll leave a note for your request to change the Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard. Your card wasn't processed yet so you're not in any danger of receiving the Visa version". Great! I thought, until my card arrived and as it turned out, they sent me a Visa version. Bummed out, I decided to activate the card anyway and create a Chase account. When I logged it, it showed that I have two Freedom cards. Three days later, the Freedom Mastercard arrived. 

P.S. @CredittotheMax, how did you get your approval equifax score? I was looking for a score in the approval letter but nothing :\

It was in the approval letter on the very bottom of the page that said your credit limit and cash advance.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
New Contributor
baronofthenorth

CredittotheMax wrote:

I got my chase freedom card in the mail today and I figure I might as well call in and see if I could change to the mastercard version. Of course, I wasn't able to get them to change, nothing ever go smooth for me. However, I got a much of mix answers. One CS person said that "as of right now you are not able to pc," another person said, "maybe try back in a couple of months", then I asked to talk to someone higher up. He transfers me to the lenders department and she said that "I can't change until I have established a year of history with them." One thing is that they all seem to believe that there's a option online when you apply for the card. I had to point out that it wasn't there, then she said oh the mastercard version is not available, then put me on hold and said yes it was available but you still can't get it. For those of you who were able to change to MC version please chip in on how you done it. Thanks

On the good side, my approval equifax score was 729! 

I called and asked to be switched from VISA to the M/C version and they said they put in the request.  That was at the 3 month mark and my cards arrived within a week. No bigge.  I added an Amazon VISA 3 months later.

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

I just sent a secure message, lets hope something good is gonna come out of it.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

Just logged in today and I have two freedom accounts. Looks like I might recieve my freedom MC next week! :smileyvery-happy:

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

ngoaa714

Congrats! The insignificant downside, for me at least, was that the Mastercard card is somewhat more dull (in terms of reflectiveness) than the Visa version. :smileyindifferent:

Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

Really? Im gonna have to see when i get it

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

Valued Contributor
armbenderc

bribro wrote:

In general, you're supposed to have a Chase card open for 12 months before requesting a product change.

This is true as confirmed in branch via personal banker and the credit analyst line.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

CredittotheMax wrote:

Just logged in today and I have two freedom accounts. Looks like I might recieve my freedom MC next week! :smileyvery-happy:

Wow, maybe they did change something. Congrats.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
JonStur

So to understand, people prefer the mastercard over the visa because its prettier????

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+