Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom and CSP

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Freedom and CSP

If you get both a Freedom and a CSP, can you then balance transfer the $4,000 you spend on the CSP to the Freedom for 15 months of 0% APR?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Freedom and CSP

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

If you get both a Freedom and a CSP, can you then balance transfer the $4,000 you spend on the CSP to the Freedom for 15 months of 0% APR?

Issuers genereally forbid BT between their own cards.   Howevr, if they send you a BT check for Freedom that you can deposit in your bank account (and pay off the CSP) you can do it that way

Message 2 of 10
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Issuers genereally forbid BT between their own cards.   Howevr, if they send you a BT check for Freedom that you can deposit in your bank account (and pay off the CSP) you can do it that way

Oh, ok. How, do you think, does Amex feel about having a bill being paid by a balance transfer from Chase?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT it over to a CapOne then turn around and BT back to Chase.
Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
BT it over to a CapOne then turn around and BT back to Chase.

Fee-free?

Message 5 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think BT'ing it twice would be a hassle and would take weeks and weeks, and you will get hit with fees anyway, so there's no much point.

Message 6 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Lenders don't care how they get paid, just so they get paid. (Regarding the Amex question.)

With regard to a Chase to Chase BT -- that's not allowed. LTL got it right with the check to your account though. If you do that, then you are able to pay the other Chase card off. How are they to know which funds you're using to pay said card off? Would it be wise to do this over and over? No. But, if you need to do it once, I don't see how that would be a terrible thing.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes fee free
Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes fee free

You must have different cards!  My Freedom charges 3% on BT, and I thought cap one had similar rates

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My two CapOnes have no fee BTs.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.