Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom auto APR decrease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom auto APR decrease

It's exciting news but nothing of pratical use (for me) unless I planned to carry a balance. I have a number one rule. Always have the cash to cover it in case I lose my job or become ill or disabled. 

I don't have credit cards because it is a need or I need to borrow money. I have it simply for the cash back rewards and cash sign up bonuses. I'll take the freebies, thank you. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Freedom for almost a decade.  When the banking industry crashed back in 09, Chase, AMEX and BOA reduced my limits even though I had no adverse payment history.  About 2 years ago I went from mid 700s to 620 because of a few hiccups (some student loan lates and a small medical collection).  since last fall I raised my score by 100 points.  This summer my util dropped from 18% to 8%. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the Freedom for almost a decade.  

Damn. I didn't know the Chase Freedom is that old. 

Message 13 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I can only hope that this means chase will become a bit less rigid with APRs. Currently they are very non-budging about it
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just call me old? Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend has had his for around 10 years.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you just call me old? Smiley Tongue

No. Unless your name happend to be Chase Freedom. Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This gives me so much hope. Maybe one day my first cards will have a decent APR, and I'll be able to keep them as I get older!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.