cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom bs $300 cli with hp. This aggression will not stand!

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Freedom bs $300 cli with hp. This aggression will not stand!

I reached my six month mark on my freedom card, so I called for a cli. The csr let me know it would be a hp, which I already knew, but then she asked me if I wanted a particular credit limit or if I wanted to leave it open and see how much I can get approved for. I opted to leave it open. The customer service rep came back after a brief hold and told me it was approved for a $300 cli. I was immediately a bit disgruntled, and asked if there was any way to get a recon or anything. She basically said that I was approved, so there is nothing to recon. 

So I called the executive office and said that it was a little bit insulting to waste a hp on a 300 dollar cli. She took my information and said that she would research it and get back to me within two business days. When she did, she asked me how much I was interested in increasing my cl to. I told her 4500-5k because I didn't want to push my luck too much -- including my $300 cli, my limit was at 2600. She called me back the next day and said that my new cl was 5k. Success....Once again, persistence breaks resistance.

Swap

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Freedom bs $300 cli with hp. This aggression will not stand!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Swap! You've been missed.

Congrats on your cli

Lexie! what's up girl? I am sorry that I have been so scarce, but I see that you still a nice little seedling.....lol, jk. I am too....as you can deduce from this thread. Anyway, I am thinking about applying for the last credit card that I am currently interested in (it)....then seriously gardening for a while..... I am on the fence.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 25
jboy1972
New Contributor

Awesome! Almost double your limit...I would've been disappointed with 300 too. Congrats on the recon.
NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 5 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Nice CL!! CONGRATS!

I'm tempted to call and complain about their dispute process. It's horrible. They may have nice CSRs but in an event that your are receiving unauthorized charges on your account...you won't be getting a credit for some time.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 25
mjnierva23
New Contributor

Congrats
Message 7 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Nice CL!! CONGRATS!

I'm tempted to call and complain about their dispute process. It's horrible. They may have nice CSRs but in an event that your are receiving unauthorized charges on your account...you won't be getting a credit for some time.

I am sorry to hear that. Chase has been pretty decent to me....but our relationship is still new.... Good luck with your quest.

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Nice CL!! CONGRATS!

I am sorry to hear that. Chase has been pretty decent to me....but our relationship is still new.... Good luck with your quest.

Thanks! I've been a Chase customer for years. Only recently a Chase credit card holder. The torture!! LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.