cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom: how many points are you getting?

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Freedom: how many points are you getting?

Having just got the CSP, mainly for the bonus, I was thinking about the Freedom as a point source, but it still looks pretty meagre to me.   So, those with this card, how much points/cashback are you seeing?  Do you max out each quarter?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom: how many points are you getting?

@bs6054 wrote:

Having just got the CSP, mainly for the bonus, I was thinking about the Freedom as a point source, but it still looks pretty meagre to me.   So, those with this card, how much points/cashback are you seeing?  Do you max out each quarter?

if you have a chase checking account its more beneficial.. 

i dont max out whatsoever, i usually see anywhere from 25-75 dollars a month, depending on spend.    

like last quarter i loaded my starbucks gold card a few times. (100 each)   (i personally probably spent more then half myself, but i also got drinks for coworkers etc.. and they gave me cash) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Bumping as I know there are more Freedom users out there!

I am just interested in the potential of Freedom for UR points.  As creditnocash says, a checking account can boost (by 10% once grandfathering disappears) the points somewhat, but what base are people seeing today.

Message 3 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Maxed out last quarter.  I'll make a trip to Lowes sometime this quarter and buy some gift cards to max out.  Don't remember what the options are the rest of the year.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

I have chase checking. Do I get some kind of bonus for my freedom? Do I have to activate or sign up?

I just got it this quarter, last week to be exact. I have spent about 600 on restaurants on that card now Smiley Very Happy if only they can increase the cap to 6000 total across all sections, rather than just 1500 per quarter. I can easily max out the restaurants and amazon shopping.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I just got my card about 2-1/2 weeks ago. Thinking about opening up a checking account but not sure if it will be worth it. So far, I have put about $500 on the card. I'll update my info regarding the points.
Message 6 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I have chase checking. Do I get some kind of bonus for my freedom? Do I have to activate or sign up?

I just got it this quarter, last week to be exact. I have spent about 600 on restaurants on that card now Smiley Very Happy if only they can increase the cap to 6000 total across all sections, rather than just 1500 per quarter. I can easily max out the restaurants and amazon shopping.

With a checking account, you can get 10% bonus on all your points, used to be a much richer reward structure but that is going away for all.

Message 7 of 11
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I just got my card about 2-1/2 weeks ago. Thinking about opening up a checking account but not sure if it will be worth it. So far, I have put about $500 on the card. I'll update my info regarding the points.

You should be seeing an offer of $200 to open up a Chase checking account.  I went ahead and took advantage of the offer.  Where I work, I can have several banks set up for direct deposit of my salary, so I just have a direct deposit going to Chase to cover my Freedom card payment.  The checking account is free with direct deposit of $500 per month.

To answer the OP's question - I'm averaging around 3500 points per month.  Some of that is from the 5% categories, the rest is just 1%.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 8 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Is the bonus for all chase credit cards? Or just freedom?

Do I need to activate it?

Do I have to redeem it to get bonus 10% or its okay to transfer do csp? Thanks for the info!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ CribDuchess

Yea, I have an offer for $200. Didn't think about the direct deposit solely for the Freedom...smart!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.