Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom isn't worth $200 is it

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Freedom isn't worth $200 is it

Trying to find reasons not to apply..... $500 spend though! 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom isn't worth $200 is it

Its blue...ewww!

Just kidden, it's a great card. Stop kidden yourself and get it already lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost no spend for plenty of reward.

Message 3 of 47
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

don't forget the rewards,  you will make a minimum of $5 addional rewards on the min spend, with the possibility, of $25 or more rewards, on a card that cost zero AF. I got 10% rewards from sears.com, and some of the florists give even better, and who knows the effect of a dozen roses send to a DS can earn you. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 47
Bman70
Established Contributor

Haha all my cards are blue. 

Chase just released the 2015 categories though. Restaurants is 5% for Q2, so is Discover. So much for 6 months of restaurant category by having Discover and Freedom.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

Haha all my cards are blue. 

Chase just released the 2015 categories though. Restaurants is 5% for Q2, so is Discover. So much for 6 months of restaurant category by having Discover and Freedom.

I really wish they'd stop cannibalizing each other on the categories. Seeing as I have a CSP, I'm going to use my Freedom card before my Discover.

Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really liked it last year, when there were two quarters of gas. It was a great card, but I don't know what I'm going to use it for this year. 

Message 7 of 47
Chris679
Established Contributor

I find Freedom to be redundant if you have Discover It. The free FICO gives the edge to Discover.
Message 8 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't lose anything with Freedom so it's definitely worth the $200.

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris679 wrote:
I find Freedom to be redundant if you have Discover It. The free FICO gives the edge to Discover.

Only if you don't already have a Barclay's or a CSP to make the Freedom UR's more valuable.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.