cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom's sign up bonus might drop to $50 soon?

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom's sign up bonus might drop to $50 soon?

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I expect sign-up bonuses for no-AF cards to eventually go away, and probably rightly so. The point of sign-up bonuses is to get you in the habit of using the card, a habit that you hopefully don't get out of once the bonus comes in. But this has instead become a competition among issuers, with more than expected people taking advantage of the incentive spend, then moving onto the next incentive and not using the card often anymore. The sign-up bonus is the bank's investment - if more people take it and pocket it and don't give them following business, they don't want to keep losing money.

And you.

Stop that. I'm watching you!

Lol. Were it only that credit card companies listened to me! I'd be the credit card Oprah. EVERYBODY GETS A BONUS! You get a bonus. YOU get a bonus. YOU get a bonus! But then, maybe that's why I'm not a CCC.

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

Lol. Were it only that credit card companies listened to me! I'd be the credit card Oprah. EVERYBODY GETS A BONUS! You get a bonus. YOU get a bonus. YOU get a bonus! But then, maybe that's why I'm not a CCC.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I always receive the invitation to apply for chase freedom, but I never did it. Yesterday I got a mail but it says $50 after spend 500 in the first three months of opening the account.. what?!?!?! Not sure if it means anything.. If anyone wants proof, I can take a pic and upload it..

Wow, that's surprising and unfortunate. I've been waiting for $200. Better apply ASAP then, maybe?

I am waiting that as well.. if they dont have the 200 bonus, I will never apply for this card. They also cancelled the 10% checking bonus.. This card is not that useful for me now.. since I already have discover..

i guess Chase really wants Bank of America to destroy them soon Smiley Indifferent ... https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/us-pride-military-credit-card.go

What makes you say that? They're equal in this regard.

To me Chase is inferior, i opened a Checking account with Chase and they would only allow me to get $500 a day from their ATMS and they said that after 6 months of having the Checking account they will allow me to get $1,000 from my Checking account from their ATMS a day..................Well, i opened a Checking account with Bank of America and they allowed me to get $600 from my Checking account from their ATMS a day, i called BOA and requested to permanently be able to get $1,500 from their ATMS a day and they said NO problem, Another thing BOA gives you 10% bonus when you bank with them, But Chase NOT anymore...

Message 33 of 40
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

10% of what? How is the bonus system derived. Thanks
Message 34 of 40
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I always receive the invitation to apply for chase freedom, but I never did it. Yesterday I got a mail but it says $50 after spend 500 in the first three months of opening the account.. what?!?!?! Not sure if it means anything.. If anyone wants proof, I can take a pic and upload it..

Wow, that's surprising and unfortunate. I've been waiting for $200. Better apply ASAP then, maybe?

I am waiting that as well.. if they dont have the 200 bonus, I will never apply for this card. They also cancelled the 10% checking bonus.. This card is not that useful for me now.. since I already have discover..

i guess Chase really wants Bank of America to destroy them soon Smiley Indifferent ... https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/us-pride-military-credit-card.go

What makes you say that? They're equal in this regard.

To me Chase is inferior, i opened a Checking account with Chase and they would only allow me to get $500 a day from their ATMS and they said that after 6 months of having the Checking account they will allow me to get $1,000 from my Checking account from their ATMS a day..................Well, i opened a Checking account with Bank of America and they allowed me to get $600 from my Checking account from their ATMS a day, i called BOA and requested to permanently be able to get $1,500 from their ATMS a day and they said NO problem, Another thing BOA gives you 10% bonus when you bank with them, But Chase NOT anymore...

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Comparing the reward of BofA's card to Chase's card - they're currently the same.  Limitations on ATM withdrawls from a checking account for security purposes are wholly irrelevant to that comparison.  Who needs to be withdrawing $1,500/day in cash, anyway?  

Message 35 of 40
Anam
Established Member

10% is the base bonus you get for having a deposit account with BoA. Everyone qualifies for that one.

There's other tiers as well: 25%, 50%, 75%.

At the highest tier this makes their travel rewards card into a 2.625% cash back card. Which is the highest of any non specific category card (far as I can tell).

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/details.go

Message 36 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anam wrote:

10% is the base bonus you get for having a deposit account with BoA. Everyone qualifies for that one.

There's other tiers as well: 25%, 50%, 75%.

At the highest tier this makes their travel rewards card into a 2.625% cash back card. Which is the highest of any non specific category card (far as I can tell).

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/details.go

Well, for those that can get it, the JCB is 3%, but that's on the Discover network and only available in a few states.  But with the new tiers, BoA has a good card for those that are willing to invest with them.

Message 37 of 40
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Maybe this is point a targeted offer?
I've seen sign up bonus offers below or above the advertised spend bonus. I have received them myself also.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 38 of 40
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
Maybe this is point a targeted offer?
I've seen sign up bonus offers below or above the advertised spend bonus. I have received them myself also.

Thats what i was thinking because before my freedom card i received offers ranging between $50 - 100 as a bonus and i applied when they had the $200 bonus instead and got that. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 39 of 40
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

On Citi site they say 200 TY points for spend bonus on TYP my offers have ranged 150-250. They also vary APR 12.99 13.99 14.99 and 0% for 15 or 18 months. They keep sender me these various mailers 2-3xs a week & emails too. I can get 2 different offers in the mail on the same day.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.