cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom's sign up bonus might drop to $50 soon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom's sign up bonus might drop to $50 soon?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

$200!  Small time.   In 2012, it was $300 (and a targeted offer for 75K UR for CSP)

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/01/25/300-30000-points-chase-freedom-targeted-75000-points-chase-sapphire-preferred/

Why must you always bring up the past? Smiley Tongue

I didn't bring up the $3M bonus for $10 spend in 1909, but since there was no web, couldn't have provided a URL anyway  (And of course in those days, $10 was real money)

Oh man!

I missed out. I guess I won't be buying up boardwalk. Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 40
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I always receive the invitation to apply for chase freedom, but I never did it. Yesterday I got a mail but it says $50 after spend 500 in the first three months of opening the account.. what?!?!?! Not sure if it means anything.. If anyone wants proof, I can take a pic and upload it..

Wow, that's surprising and unfortunate. I've been waiting for $200. Better apply ASAP then, maybe?

I am waiting that as well.. if they dont have the 200 bonus, I will never apply for this card. They also cancelled the 10% checking bonus.. This card is not that useful for me now.. since I already have discover..

i guess Chase really wants Bank of America to destroy them soon Smiley Indifferent ... https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/us-pride-military-credit-card.go

What makes you say that? They're equal in this regard.

Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

Womp womp.  Glad I got in at $200 late last year.

+1

Message 23 of 40
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Think chase is experimenting again. Still see $100 sign up bonus for new card members. And depending on the day, CSP AF goes between 95 and 150.
Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asked Chase about this via Twitter, they said

"We don't have updates on when/if the Chase Freedom offer will change. We'd recommend taking advantage of the $100 bonus soon. ^AG"

Not sure how to interpret that, but it sounds a bit like confirmation.
Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"We don't have updates on when/if the Chase Freedom offer will change. We'd recommend taking advantage of the $100 bonus soon. ^AG"

Sounds like misinformation to me...Maybe they're really planning on doing the $200 again and fooling us.

Maybe you better put your tinfoil hat on. It's conspiracy time!

Message 26 of 40
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, no issuer is going to tell you "don't get our card now, wait for a better offer"!

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, no issuer is going to tell you "don't get our card now, wait for a better offer"!

Hello, Exactly!

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's more of they drop the bonus, and if people apply with that low bonus, great! but later when they decide to raise the bonus, people will think "holy crap! look how much they're giving away for sign up bonus, gotta get this while it's high!" and apply like crazy.

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's more of they drop the bonus, and if people apply with that low bonus, great! but later when they decide to raise the bonus, people will think "holy crap! look how much they're giving away for sign up bonus, gotta get this while it's high!" and apply like crazy.

Bring back the $300 bonus!

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.