Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom to Freedom Unlimited?

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Freedom to Freedom Unlimited?

Will Chase do a product change from Freedom into Freedom Unlimited? Just so I can get the unlimited cash back, not the 0% again?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom to Freedom Unlimited?

@skigirl916 wrote:

Will Chase do a product change from Freedom into Freedom Unlimited? Just so I can get the unlimited cash back, not the 0% again?

Yep, very easy, I changed from Freedom to unlimited earlier this year. Just send them a secure message. 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Not only will they do a freedom to freedom unlimited on request, but they'll upgrade the FU to "Signature" on request if your CL is high enough - I've done both this year by SM - very easy.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah they will

Message 4 of 10
keisham320
Established Member

They absolutely will. Just got my card in the mail the other day. Although she did give me the "let me check if that option is available for you", which would lead me to believe that maybe the option is not available to everyone. But it was done with no issues and my accumulated rewards transferred over to the FU.

Message 5 of 10
YoungB718
New Contributor

Will this require a HP?

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope No HP
Message 7 of 10
YoungB718
New Contributor

I appreciate the quick response regarding going from Freedom to Freedom Unlimited although there is a few other things I'd like to make sure of before diving in; Will the fact that I currently maintain a 50% utilization on this particular card (due to 0% for 15 months) negatively affect my chances of upgrading and what are some of the advantages of the Unlimited Card, as opposed to the regular Freedom?  My current limit is $1,500 and I've had the card for around 3 months already. Should I pay it down before requesting the change?  Lastly, which number do I call or can I use the messaging option.  I really don't need another HP.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 8 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

You will need to wait 12 months before product change, I believe.

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

You will need to wait 12 months before product change, I believe.

had my card for a week and they did a pc before I even used it.  came as a sig

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.