Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom vs Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom vs Slate

Does anyone know which is easier to get approved for out of Chase Freedom or Slate? I know MMMV, my situation is low balances, but short history and some past late payments plus old charge offs.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom vs Slate

Chase are pretty tough cards to get IMO and if you have a borderline CS...you may get a low CL or would have to recon. If I had to choose, I would say Slate would be easier to get than the Freedom. But if you request a BT when apping for a Chase Slate card, it would make things a bit more difficult in terms of your CS, UTIL %, IQs, etc.....

If you are just looking to get a card....don't app for what you think is easier to get imo. Figure out what card fits your needs the most and hit the submit button. You don't know til you try imo and a bank like Chase, they don't want too much iquiries in the L6 months if you are borderline in scores, util %, etc.....

In your case, if you think the Freedom fits your needs better..than app for the Freedom or vice versa if you wanted the Slate. I think if Chase will approve you for the Slate, more than likely they will approve you for the Freedom also. Just pick the better of the two for your situation.

GL.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. What's a BT?

Message 3 of 11
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. What's a BT?

BT = Balance Transfer  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. What's a BT?

Thanks. The cool thing is I don't have any balances to transfer right now. My util is 1%, but apart from that my report's only OK (at best).

Basically I'm trying to move away from the all-Cap1 situation that I had until the start of the month. I've added Amex Zync and Citi Platinum Select, just want one more good one and then it's time to garden for a year or two. I think the Freedom is the slightly better match, but don't have a big opinion on this.

Mike

Message 5 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@digitaldiva wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. What's a BT?

Thanks. The cool thing is I don't have any balances to transfer right now.

Basically I'm trying to move away from the all-Cap1 situation that I had until the start of the month. I've added Zync and Citi Platinum Select, just want one more good one and then it's time to garden for a year or two. I think the Freedom is the slightly better match, but don't have a big opinion on this.

Mike

Freedom and Discover are similar and both will pull EQ. I am sure when you got CITI, they HP your EQ right? Amex Zync will pull EX....Barclays will pull TU if you don't want to take another hit on your EX or EQ report.

Message 6 of 11
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I recently got a Freedom CC and they pulled EX.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 7 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Interesting....where are you located? I am sure this infor will help others.

Message 8 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Chase (Freedom) pulled TU for me in NY at the end of June.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 11
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

Interesting....where are you located? I am sure this infor will help others.

I'm in CA.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.