Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom with short history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom with short history

Does anyone get approved for Chase Freedom with 7 months of credit history? I convince my friend to apply for AMEX PRG and Chase Freedom. PRG was approved but Freedom was declined due to short history Smiley Mad I called for recon but not successful. He currently has a BOA Visa with 3k limit. Any suggestion? Should we call exec office?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Freedom with short history

He should call again. It really all depends on the rep that you talk to; some are nice enough and there's a good chance he'd be approved if he explains why he wants to get the card ( like I want to build a relationship with a prime bank like Chase ). 

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

If he has a 3k boa, he should have been approved. Recon again!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Chase usually requires at least one year of revolving account history before they will approve. doubt he will be able to obtain it at this point, but he already took the HP so you could try another recon. GL

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 13
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Recon REcon RECon again. I seen no reason he would be approved for the PRG and not the freedom.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responses guys. So, I will call them again on monday.

Message 6 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

Recon REcon RECon again. I seen no reason he would be approved for the PRG and not the freedom.

that is pretty weird huh

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

Probably worth a recon attempt. They've loosened up on Freedom requirements this year. I was denied in March @ 7 months history...it was my 4th inquiry in last 2 months(plus 3 more over 6 months but less than a year) and i had a score around 690 and utilization under 10% and had 2 accounts 1 month old and 2 accounts 7 months old.

But check out the last 3 or so months and you'll see people with scores under 680 and under 1 year history getting Freedoms(a lot of times for under 1K though). I was able to get it Earlier this month with a similar score as in march but now 2 accounts 1 year old and 2 6 months old. And They gave me a better limit at 3K than i would have gotten back then (my highest card was 1.4K store card).

So it's a little more attainble to get now, the downside is they're handing out more toy limits too now. It's hard not to rush things when you're starting out and are frustrated with small limits, but looking at me, just a little bit more time taking care of your credit can do wonders.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 13
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Call the executive offices I got approved with 5 months of history.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

Chase usually requires at least one year of revolving account history before they will approve. doubt he will be able to obtain it at this point, but he already took the HP so you could try another recon. GL

This is true, I would wait until then and then reapp.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.