Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Navy Fed account. How long before app for CC

tag
TheFlores
Contributor

Fresh Navy Fed account. How long before app for CC

Just got my navy fed account tonight and i was wondering how soon i should apply for a navy fed CC.  i like the higher limits they offer and also the great service i hear that they offer.  My current cards are, in order that i got them, Also what is nav check and how does that report. Also current fico from here is eq 682, tu 697, Ex 696

bestbuy 500

comenity carsons 900

Express 700

Barclay rewards. 2100

Discover 3100

cap one QS 2000

Amex BCE 9000

Lowes 12000

BofA 321 5000

Chase CSP 5000

Citi TYP 5000

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Fresh Navy Fed account. How long before app for CC

About 2 minutes after you opened your account. Apply now, you don't really need to wait with NFCU. Also, go for the CLOC and request $15k. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 18
TheFlores
Contributor

what is cloc and how does that report 

Message 3 of 18
js0319
Established Contributor

Checking Line of Credit, and it reports as a revolving line of credit. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 4 of 18
TheFlores
Contributor

So basically a CC. what is the pros or cons on that
Message 5 of 18
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Checking line of credit is overdraft protection in the form of a revolving account. It reports like a credit card, with your checking account number as the  account number. If you dont overdraft, there is nothing due. Interest is in the neigborhood of 10 percent.

Nfcu expects you to apply for 2 cc right away.They will pull credit for each different kind of product.  

Message 6 of 18
TheFlores
Contributor

With my current scores and credit limits what should I expect. And with my wifes no credit with 5 collections should I add her as co app. ?
Message 7 of 18
firetech593
Regular Contributor

If you dont have any large baddies lurming, I would expect 5 to 10k.

Add your wife as au for 6 months or a year first to build her file.

Message 8 of 18
TheFlores
Contributor

I've seeen people with 20 k limits with worse credit. I have only a 4 year old bad cc that was paid in full but closed by credit card company .. no collections at all
Message 9 of 18
firetech593
Regular Contributor

I agree, I guess I was going conservative due to my not knowing your credit file. They do start a little lower time to time but grow quickly.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.