cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh off the AMEX B-List...is it cool to have more than 1 card?

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Fresh off the AMEX B-List...is it cool to have more than 1 card?

I've been chosen--selected to rejoin AMEX after 14 or so years. I have the Green in my possession and the website tells me I've been a member since 1996. I'm still "pre-selected" for the Zync. Should I take it? Is it OK to have more than 1 product with AMEX? I don't want to rock their boat and get kicked right back out the door.

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fresh off the AMEX B-List...is it cool to have more than 1 card?

My father has 6 different accounts... but if you have green there wouldn't be much point in the Zync, they are both charge cards... I actually like the zync better than green but you could just product change your green... if you want a second amex try for a revolving account

Message 2 of 61
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I changed my gold to zync and added a blue.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

I've been chosen--selected to rejoin AMEX after 14 or so years. I have the Green in my possession and the website tells me I've been a member since 1996. I'm still "pre-selected" for the Zync. Should I take it? Is it OK to have more than 1 product with AMEX? I don't want to rock their boat and get kicked right back out the door.

Don't pee upwind.   Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 61
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

How right you are. It's probably best not to aggravate the situation. It's just so damn tempting!

Message 5 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

How right you are. It's probably best not to aggravate the situation. It's just so damn tempting!

I feel your pain, brother!  Smiley Happy

But personally I would relax -- maybe take a cold shower -- and let the dust settle. 

Message 6 of 61
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I feel your pain, brother!  Smiley Happy

But personally I would relax -- maybe take a cold shower -- and let the dust settle. 

Amen!

Message 7 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX will not cancel your green card due to another application.  However, if your green account is relatively new, I would wait 6 months before any new applications, and 1 year is better.

But, once you age it a bit, and keep your credit nose clean, the YES BY ALL MEANS get another AMEX or 2.  Why?  Because they will all date to 1996 and this will do wonders for your AAOA if it is less than 14 years.

txjohn

Message 8 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX will not cancel your green card due to another application.  However, if your green account is relatively new, I would wait 6 months before any new applications, and 1 year is better.

But, once you age it a bit, and keep your credit nose clean, the YES BY ALL MEANS get another AMEX or 2.  Why?  Because they will all date to 1996 and this will do wonders for your AAOA if it is less than 14 years.

txjohn

What he is worried about is that it may call attention to himself and the fact that he was approved for the green card while on the AmEx blacklist and discover that they may have approved him in error.  If that happens, they will cancel his green card.

Message 9 of 61
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

txjohn

I'm not going to take the bait and apply. I've thought about it and after careful consideration, I will wait patiently and see what happens with this card. I'd love for a longer AAoA and if they will really mature this card with a 14 year history. I'm really anxious for them to report and to see what affect this will have on my reports.

@Anonymous wrote:
What he is worried about is that it may call attention to himself and the fact that he was approved for the green card while on the AmEx blacklist and discover that they may have approved him in error.  If that happens, they will cancel his green card.
06 is right, I am paranoid if not terrified that they will change their minds. But honestly, does anyone approve in error? I was looking at my EX report the other night and it is littered with AMEX softs. I think they know exactly what they did. I hope anyway.
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.