Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend had interesting Amex experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Friend had interesting Amex experience

Got a friend of mine to take a referral link from me. He was approved for a BCE card @ 20.99%. With a $5k limit.

It showed in the mail today ( yes on a Sunday night) with a written 16.99% interest rate.

Amex lowered his rate before he got the card.

Now that is wild.

Has anyone seen this before!?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Friend had interesting Amex experience

I know they sometimes expedite the card but to recieve it on a sunday night? now that's weird.

Message 2 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know they sometimes expedite the card but to recieve it on a sunday night? now that's weird.

Definitely weird! OP are you sure it wasn't delivered on Saturday but just picked up by your friend (from a PO maybe) on Sunday? In any case, that's a decent Cl for starters. Grats to your friend.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never seen Sunday mail, but, that is cool that you have a friend who is willing to apply for a card.  You get 5K  bonus point for him doing so.  I've been trying to get my friends to do the say but they are too chicken to apply for a credit card.  

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never seen Sunday mail, but, that is cool that you have a friend who is willing to apply for a card.  You get 5K  bonus point for him doing so.  I've been trying to get my friends to do the say but they are too chicken to apply for a credit card.  

Agreed. I have never seen sunday mail but congrats to your friend.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome that the rate was lowered too!!

Message 6 of 15
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I've seen Sunday mail. It's rare and my only thought was why is a bankrupt-bleeding-money agency delivering on Sunday when they should be stopping normal Saturday delivery instead.

Message 7 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

USPS started delivering mail in some areas on Sunday around the holidays.  It was in conjunction to their handling of Amazon packages.  I think it was only in certain areas, but I've definitely seen it around here in the Bay Area.  While they are out delivering packages, they do also sometimes include regular mail (around here at least).  If you Google USPS Amazon Sunday you'll see some stories about the service starting up.

Message 8 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@happypill wrote:

USPS started delivering mail in some areas on Sunday around the holidays.  It was in conjunction to their handling of Amazon packages.  I think it was only in certain areas, but I've definitely seen it around here in the Bay Area.  While they are out delivering packages, they do also sometimes include regular mail (around here at least).  If you Google USPS Amazon Sunday you'll see some stories about the service starting up.

Yup, I'm in San Jose during the weekends because my girl lives there and I see the mail truck out delivering quite often on Sunday. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 15
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@happypill wrote:

Yup, I'm in San Jose during the weekends because my girl lives there and I see the mail truck out delivering quite often on Sunday. 

Same here. I see those little white trucks on Sunday regularly.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.