Did you mean: 

From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@MontegoMack wrote:

Hmmm. I see that I was approved, but I don't know what the CL is. 

Where can I check that?

You'll have to call them to get that.  Smiley Happy   Super Congrats!!!!  I love Amex.  With your income, I doubt it will be a small limit.

Again... let us know.  I'm excited for you.

Edited for grammar.  Gotta love iPhone and the auto correct.  Really been acting weird on this site for some reason.  Wants to correct everything even if it's correct.

In case you needed the number:     800-567-1083

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 31 of 56
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Just to recap:

I requested an AMEX Prepaid card and used it for 6 months.

Yes, I did work on my credit during this time (see signature).

I received an invitation to apply for an AMEX Green card 6 months later. 

I apped via the invitation for the Green card and was approved. 

I recieved a ton of advice and direction and chose to also app for the Delta SkyMiles Gold card and was approved.

(Though I don't know my CL yet because the New Accounts dept is closed today, I'll update you all when I do know.)

I'm holding out on the BCP until after establishing an internal score with them.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 32 of 56
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! youre the first one ive ever seen this happen to on these forums. Youve reached a milestone!!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 33 of 56
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

Congrats! youre the first one ive ever seen this happen to on these forums. Youve reached a milestone!!

This!

You're a legend among myfico-ers Smiley Tongue (MyFico-ists? Smiley Tongue )

Did the letter actually say anything about the pre-paid card, that would be interesting Smiley Very Happy, or was it just a generic invitation? 

Message 34 of 56
snake1212
Established Member

I also got an invite from American Express yesterday for the green card.  I have had the prepaid card for about 6 months as well.  Three weeks ago I checked my offers on American Express website and was pre-selected for Green, Gold and PRG  I apped for the PRG and was approved, not sure if the prepaid card helped but I guess it didn't hurt.  Congratulations on your new cards!

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP, Amex PRG, USAA Platinum Cash Reward, DCU Platinum, Barclay Apple
Message 35 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

So it looks like the prepaid card is paying off for people! That's awesome!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 36 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could see the Prepaid card aiding in the decision with a app through Amex (obv. not the other companies because they don't know that you have this card.) Think about it, everything you do on the card is through Amex, they can see what you spend on, how much you spend, how you manage your account. Even more, they can see how many times you have possibly tried to buy something and had insufficient funds for the transaction to go through. If you kept your account funded, and were never denied, this shows them you know how to manage your funds properly. Now, if you had been decline many times because you are not aware of your account balance, this would prove to them you do not manage your accounts well and could be a turn off. My guess is, those that have had the prepaid and got offers, managed their accounts well and Amex felt that they could manage a charge account in the same way. Congrats on your approvals!

Message 37 of 56
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I actually still think prepaidcard did little nothing.  Would love to hear info to contrary.  Op scores are good enough for those cards he got.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 38 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Scores were good but the SP they did at 6 months for the preapproval was from having the prepaid card and doing good with it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 56
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I feel like if you app'd for amex, and ended up doing a recon with a manual review, the prepaid card could possibly come into play, otherwise, all the pre-paid card let's them do is solicit you easier because they have all your info Smiley Tongue 

Sure, they may soft you every so often if you have the card, but, (unless I'm mistaken, which is totally possible) they soft you when you do the pre-qualifier on their website, don't they? 

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.