cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

tag
Tiger777

Re: From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

Well that is not true, I had a prepaid card funded card once with $20, and since then never use the card again. After a year I applied for the  ZYNC with a collection and a year late on mortgage got approved instantly. So I don't understand how they work but I guess low UTL  is the key.

Message 41 of 56
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Scores were good but the SP they did at 6 months for the preapproval was from having the prepaid card and doing good with it.

If you use preselector on Amex website, you will get softed by Amex as well.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 42 of 56
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Ive used preselector on website and haven't been soft pulled yet. First time I used was 6/2012. I did app last March and was declined.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 56
Crashem
Valued Contributor

More recent thing.  Using preselector starts resulting in soft pulls if you in range.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 44 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Scores were good but the SP they did at 6 months for the preapproval was from having the prepaid card and doing good with it.

If you use preselector on Amex website, you will get softed by Amex as well.

Yes, but I don't think OP did that, they got the SP from having the prepaid card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 56
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I didn't use a preselector. All I did was use the Prepaid card. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 46 of 56
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

My sister gets offers just about every week to apply for the Gold card. I frequently get emails to apply for the Platinum business card. Both of these have an RSVP code but I think they all do. Neither one of us use/have the prepaid card.

If American Express uses a prepaid card to detemine your eligibility for card , I think that is insane. Handling your own money well has no indication of how you will handle money that is loaned to you. Of course you are not going to swipe the prepaid card for more than you can afford because you cannot. You can do so with the charge/credit card because the money is not yours and you can actually pay for things with money you do not have yet. Much like how one may take good care of their own possesions, but when handling someone elses they could not care less about it.

Message 47 of 56
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@MontegoMack wrote:

OMG!!!!!

I got approved for he Delta Gold!!!

Thank you improvingmycredit, for pointing me in the right direction to check the status! 

Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations, and welcome to the Amex family! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 48 of 56
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats on boarding the Amex party busSmiley Wink  Did you get a nice limit?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 49 of 56
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

RIght at the stroke of 8am I called to find out my credit limit...

Wait for it...

$5000!

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.