Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

tag
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: From AMEX Prepaid to Green Card Invite

I dont know how well linked they are.

I have had the card since February after they sent me a pre-approval for the Blue Cash Everyday Card and was denied.

Last week I got an email stating, Loaded with Benefits The American Express Prepaid Card

Hello Dobirdsmommy

You previously applied for an American Express product, Although we were unable to offer you that product at the time, we now invite you to consider the American Express Prepaid Card as an alternative.

Now I have had this card for 6 months already...  Shouldn't they have been able to see this?

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 51 of 56
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

RIght at the stroke of 8am I called to find out my credit limit...

Wait for it...

$5000!

With any luck, you may also get an updated EX score as well.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AMEX backdate to the year the prepaid card was issued?
Message 53 of 56
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

No. It doesn't. But for me, the 6 months in the same calendar year doesn't really matter.

UPDATE:

I couldn't resist. I thought that if I could get the Gold Delta SkyMiles, why couldn't I get the Premier Rewrds Gold card instead of settling for the Green? It'd be only a soft pull if I was denied - I might've even gotten my EX score as a consolation prize. So, I apped for it last night. AND GOT IT! 

Officially, I've been approved for the PRG and the Gold Delta Skymiles for $5000. Time to change my signature!

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 54 of 56
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

No. It doesn't. But for me, the 6 months in the same calendar year doesn't really matter.

UPDATE:

I couldn't resist. I thought that if I could get the Gold Delta SkyMiles, why couldn't I get the Premier Rewrds Gold card instead of settling for the Green? It'd be only a soft pull if I was denied - I might've even gotten my EX score as a consolation prize. So, I apped for it last night. AND GOT IT! 

Officially, I've been approved for the PRG and the Gold Delta Skymiles for $5000. Time to change my signature!

Congrats on your success! I'm thinking about applying for a AE and wondering how high my score might have to be.Can I ask what was your score prior to applying? Thank you.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 55 of 56
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

My EQ fico 716. 

My EX file was even better than my EQ so I'm thinking that would be reflected in my score - even though I don't know what my official EX score is. If I don't get the best interest rate for the Delta SkyMiles, I think AMEX includes my EX fico score in my terms. 

I just got an alert trough myFICO that my EQ went down (after all that apping yesterday) to 708. I can live with that for a while. I'll just bask in the glow of the gold cards I just got Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.