Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Capital One $500 limit to American Express

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: From Capital One $500 limit to American Express

Congrats on the amex success! They are really an awesome partner to have business with. Are you aiming for a revolver in the near future?

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 31 of 58
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats Joe !

Great card to have BTW

Message 32 of 58
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's a reallllyyyy good idea! I'll have to get that 3xcli at 61days to be able to pay for all of my tuition, and then I can put next semester's tuition on it and get that cashback!!!!!:-D I noticed that my BCE even has the "check spending ability" button too. Do you have any idea if they pull your credit for that?! Hmmmm

We just gotta make sure we only improve our credit from here, esp. considering older people hate on us a lot of times for using credit LOL

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have found that as long as you have a job with steady income, and no derog's on your report, the Amex charge cards are fairly obtainable. My first CC ever was the Amex Zync. Other than that, I had nothing else on my CR other than SL's. So I skipped the whole subprime lenders altogether.

Message 34 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's a reallllyyyy good idea! I'll have to get that 3xcli at 61days to be able to pay for all of my tuition, and then I can put next semester's tuition on it and get that cashback!!!!!:-D I noticed that my BCE even has the "check spending ability" button too. Do you have any idea if they pull your credit for that?! Hmmmm

We just gotta make sure we only improve our credit from here, esp. considering older people hate on us a lot of times for using credit LOL

I wish I could do this with my tuition but they charge a 2.5% fee for CC payments, so it would kill any possible rewards Smiley Mad

Message 35 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@CruzImperial wrote:
Congrats on the amex success! They are really an awesome partner to have business with. Are you aiming for a revolver in the near future?

Thanks Smiley Happy As of right now I don't really want a revolver, I never really carried a balance on my Capital one card. However I'll probably never use the Capital One again for not wanting to give me a CLI when American Express was willing to give me a card with at least a 5k limit from what I can tell with the check spending ability. Did not want to try any higher lol.

Message 36 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@CS800 wrote:

Congrats Joe !

Great card to have BTW

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

No they don't pull credit again. From what I understand its just a hidden limit on your card and you find out once you hit it. I had my schooling on there when I did the 5k check and it said it would be approved. So that would of been about 8k on the card and I never plan on putting that much on there so I'm not to worried.

Message 38 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I have found that as long as you have a job with steady income, and no derog's on your report, the Amex charge cards are fairly obtainable. My first CC ever was the Amex Zync. Other than that, I had nothing else on my CR other than SL's. So I skipped the whole subprime lenders altogether.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 58
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Great card to have! Do they waive the fee for the first year?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.