Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Capital One $500 limit to American Express

tag
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Re: From Capital One $500 limit to American Express

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Eeek... I should make sure they don't charge a cc fee for that LOL :-/ lame! I hate CC fees. I paid my elec bill with debit yesterday due to that fact. I barely even remembered my pin # hahah!

At the time I did not think about it unless somebody on here here that. I'm sure I would have seen it if it was there but and checking they don't charge anything for it.

Message 51 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@cardslayer wrote:

OP - make sure you spend ALL of that $200 flight credit, on the same airline, by Dec 31st 2012. It goes by calendar year, not your membership year. In 2013, you will be eligible for another $200 credit. You can default to the same airline, or change it next year. You should definitely familiarize yourself with how this works and read the AMEX T&C's about this feature.

If you google, you will find various strategies on how to get all $200 reimbursed. If you must, you can buy miles, depending on the airline. Just don't waste it!

yes Iv been going over all the benefits theirs so many. I'm sure ill get most if not all of the $200 airline credits out of it.

Message 52 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@webhopper wrote:
Ok! Please keep us updated... super excited for you! Was your friend shocked?

The $450 AF just went on tonight.

Message 53 of 58
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Awe. I was hoping you would get 1st year waived. Oh well! Its still a real nice card!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 54 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@webhopper wrote:
Awe. I was hoping you would get 1st year waived. Oh well! Its still a real nice card!

I was thinking the same there for awhile. Oh well and yes I love it so far.

Message 55 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@beb86 wrote:

congrats but you may want to take these pics off. we used to have a thread that everyone showed off their plastic but it was shut down for security reasons 

Sorry I missed you. Thanks and thanks for the advice also. Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 58
lokito

Congrats!! Had a similar story happen to me. They upgraded me to a platinum card at 19 years old back in 2006. Which is absurd but I guess that AF is worth more to them than any prestige associated with the card. My best advise is to not ruin your relationship with them. They can be unforgiving at times! 

Message 57 of 58
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@lokito wrote:

Congrats!! Had a similar story happen to me. They upgraded me to a platinum card at 19 years old back in 2006. Which is absurd but I guess that AF is worth more to them than any prestige associated with the card. My best advise is to not ruin your relationship with them. They can be unforgiving at times! 

Thnaks! I don't plan on ever putting more then $1,000 on it without paying it off first.

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.