tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Frustrated with Cap One

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From my understanding they just copy things from other CRAs.   YEARS ago I placed a fraud alert on the big three over something that appeared that wasn't mine.  I removed it a couple of years ago when I started rebuilding.  Never even heard of Innovis until this week.

Exactly, how would they do that?

I have never seen any SP from Innovis on any of my reports, ever.

There are about 3 more CB's other than EX,EQ,TU that keep credit info the names however slip me right now but it's always a good idea to pull those reports and freeze them 

Edit to add welcome to the forum

As long as you freeze the big 3 its fine. No one cares about the others or makes a decision based solely on what they report.. 

Oh no pls don't believe that Chase for example has been known to peak at them 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As long as you freeze the big 3 its fine. No one cares about the others or makes a decision based solely on what they report.. 

That's not true; US Bank and FNBO are notorious for denying people based on info they get from IDA (now SageStream) and/or ARS. If I'm not mistaken, ARS keeps a list of every INQ made for a Visa or Mastercard regardless of what other bureau was pulled - they keep them all. And as far as I know, they never remove them. So if you have say 5 INQ on each bureau (TU, EQ, and EX) then there is a good chance that your ARS report shows all 15 INQ. You'd be surprised at how many creditors look at these reports.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No one cares about the others or makes a decision based solely on what they report.. 

Except that's exactly what happend and prompted this post.  Cap One says Innovis has a fruad-alert.  None of the big 3 do.  They're pretty much squeaky clean.

Message 13 of 16
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not true; US Bank and FNBO are notorious for denying people based on info they get from IDA (now SageStream) and/or ARS. If I'm not mistaken, ARS keeps a list of every INQ made for a Visa or Mastercard regardless of what other bureau was pulled - they keep them all. And as far as I know, they never remove them. So if you have say 5 INQ on each bureau (TU, EQ, and EX) then there is a good chance that your ARS report shows all 15 INQ. You'd be surprised at how many creditors look at these reports.

Where can we find a sample report? Do the IDA and ARS reports show inquiries (e.g. Who's pulled IDA and ARS?) I've never heard of these CRAs until now. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 14 of 16
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

You can freeze the following data miners...

ARS

LexisNexis

IDA/Sagestream

Innovis

I've frozen all 4 and got approved for a local credit union and discover while they were frozen. So far it hasn't inhibited new credit. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WLRK11 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where can we find a sample report? Do the IDA and ARS reports show inquiries (e.g. Who's pulled IDA and ARS?) I've never heard of these CRAs until now. 

I've never seen a report myself, but I can tell you that the only reason I found out about ARS is because they sent me a letter a few months ago saying that 9 lenders have requested a copy of my report from them - that's when I began researching them. I can only assume that they do keep track of who views our reports, especially if they were aware that 9 requested mine.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.