Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Bloomingdale's Credit Card Experience

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Frustrating Bloomingdale's Credit Card Experience

So I have had my store charge for a year. I requested a cli recently, got a hard pull on TU and granted the CLI. I called and asked for more of a CLI because I took the pull and got it. I had also sent a secure message before calling asking them to increase it. Today logged in and saw this limit! All of that is satisfying! But.... blooming.png

Now that I have a great credit line, I want the AMEX. I have sent several messages over the course of 7 days, all saying to call in the reply. So I call and get no help. Today I call and wait on hold for 30 minutes, a rep. transfered me to credit lending dept. and then came and said sir, im sorry. We don't do upgrades on the phone anymore. you have to go online and do it. I said, ok well I did see soemthing on the website (which is gone now) about activating an amex but it required a 3 digit security code, my card does not have.

She is very helpful and puts me on hold and contacts tech support. All of this has had me on the phone for an hour to then get disconnected!!!! 

Any advice on how I do this? I greatly appreciate! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Frustrating Bloomingdale's Credit Card Experience

After reading a few other posts regarding CLIs and the Amex versions for Macy's/Bloomingdale's, I'm starting to think that the upgrades of the past are gone and one will have to cold app/re-apply for the additional account--If not online, then in the store. I could be wrong, but it sort of seems that way.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

After reading a few other posts regarding CLIs and the Amex versions for Macy's/Bloomingdale's, I'm starting to think that the upgrades of the past are gone and one will have to cold app/re-apply for the additional account--If not online, then in the store. I could be wrong, but it sort of seems that way.

You could be right. the people are super confused on the phone lines. they are like learning something new every second a rep. told me. I find this to be frustrating! 

sdfsd.jpg

Message 3 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

You could be right. the people are super confused on the phone lines. they are like learning something new every second a rep. told me. I find this to be frustrating! 

sdfsd.jpg

I didn't even notice that option! ^^^ (only saw the "apply in store" notice)

Maybe it'll work eventually. Some folks still can't seem to long into their accounts. Probably the same freakin' glitches. I feel your frustration Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

sdfsd.jpg

I didn't even notice that option! ^^^

Maybe it'll work eventually. Some folks still can't seem to long into their accounts. Probably the same freakin' glitches. I feel your frustration Smiley Frustratedit

It would be nice if they told me how to upgrade!!! I considered it! im ready! lol 

Message 5 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I found what you posted. I thought the sentence was a link and it wasn't redirecting. I think I need a nap. LOL!!

Hopefully they will get it together soon.

Message 6 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Hahaha exhausted from it! If that were a link I'd be so happy!!
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Hahaha exhausted from it! If that were a link I'd be so happy!!

I'd say give it several weeks (be patient since there's no hurry to transition Smiley Wink) and once the dust has settled given all the recent changes then there may have more information about the AmEx upgrade, if still possible through the traditional channels.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ddemari for posting this and please keep us updated!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too went through same frustrations on phone. They will NOT send out info on upgrade. My only recourse is to travel to a store close to me (right!) over 250 miles from home. Even if in dashboard, link is not working.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks ddemari for posting this and please keep us updated!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.