Did you mean: 

Frustrating with "IT" CLI

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Re: Frustrating with "IT" CLI

@09Lexie wrote:
Are they SP'ing EQ?

I have no idea who they SP'ed from. However, I have about 9 inq in EX (again doing business), 7 TU and, 6 EX.

Just opened my mail box and got the 7-10 letter from Discover. They said the reason(s) are: "You have a 90 Days Late in the past or current". So it looks like my guess about the CO ding 3 years ago is correct. Truth is since 2010 I have never missed any payment with 2-5% UTIL.

Like poster suggested earlier, I will wait 45 days for an auto. At which time my AMEX True Earnings is due for a 3x CLI (4.5k -> 13.5K, hopefully). I will get a CLI from AMEX first, wait for it to hit the CRA, then I'll come back to deal with IT. Does it sound like a good plan everyone?

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 11 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yep, I'd wait for auto CLI. The reason why I asked about EQ, was because the CS suggests something unfavorable (high util, inq's , baddies, lower AAOA ) - 60 points is a bit of a difference.

Work with the cc's you have for CLI's, Amex plan sounds goods
Message 12 of 19
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Not sure if this helps, but when attempting to do a CLI request online and all you get is that message where it tells you to call...just call and go through the prompts to request a CLI using their phone system. You don't have to talk to anyone live, its the phone system that asks for your info and attempts to process a CLI. Even though I got denied recently, it was just a soft pull from Discover. Maybe try that so you don't have to risk a hard pull and maybe get a CLI?

Just followed your suggestion and gave the phone system a call. It says "both card members have be able to speak to an account manager. Do you have both available, etc? If not call later". I guess they really want a HP seriously. I dropeed the call. Thanks anyway.

Thanks Lexie and others. I will stick with the "wait 45 days then call AMEX for CLI, wait for it to post, then deal with IT then" plan.

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 13 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

since you're charging so much through the card, i would actually recommend u take the HP for the CLI.

My guess is that you will get a pretty substantial CLI. My guess though....

To add: In a way, look at it as being the same as Chase I suppose. A HP is needed 99.9% of the time for any Chase CLI.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 19
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

since you're charging so much through the card, i would actually recommend u take the HP for the CLI.

My guess is that you will get a pretty substantial CLI. My guess though....

To add: In a way, look at it as being the same as Chase I suppose. A HP is needed 99.9% of the time for any Chase CLI.

I don't know which bureau they'll pull. And I'm afraid they'll deny us which cost me and my wife a HP.

I have 9 inq on EX and 6-7 on TU & EQ and I dont want another one unncessarily. I heard some stories from this board that even after a hard pull some may get declined. Kinda wish Discover have an EO like Cap1 so we can send an email :-)

Message 15 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

I called Discover after 6 months to ask for a little luv. 

My wife is on the card too (co-owner). She's in the 720-750 across the board, and I'm in early 700.

Combined income is $170K. We have AMEX, Freedom, and other prime cards. But Discover denied us. Asked to talk to Supervisor. Declined. He said he need a HP from both of us. I said look we have cards in 10K. Even Cap1 gave us 3K-5K. You (Discover) are the lowest CC we have. And we have put in more than 10 grand in the last 6 months. Always PIF and paid MULTIPLE TIMES a month. He said NO. We need HP from both of you. I tried the luv button and it said call Discover.

Question: Is there any else we can do rather than waiting for Auto CLI from the. We both don't want HP.

Thanks

In the same pickle with them. 1K CL had the card over a year they refuse to increase without a HP. Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

I don't know which bureau they'll pull. And I'm afraid they'll deny us which cost me and my wife a HP.

I have 9 inq on EX and 6-7 on TU & EQ and I dont want another one unncessarily. I heard some stories from this board that even after a hard pull some may get declined. Kinda wish Discover have an EO like Cap1 so we can send an email :-)

Looking at your scores, I don't see why they would deny you a CLI. Worst case scenario IMO is that they HP you and give you a small CLI (like 500-1000).

I think the worst case scenario is quite unlikely though. Your income is high, your scores are decent, and you have heavy usage on the card which Discover likes.

Are there any derogs on your CR?  How long ago were those inquiries?

If I were you, I would go ahead and take the HP CLI.

Oh to add: They will pull EQ / TU most likely.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Are they SP'ing EQ?

I have no idea who they SP'ed from. However, I have about 9 inq in EX (again doing business), 7 TU and, 6 EX.

Just opened my mail box and got the 7-10 letter from Discover. They said the reason(s) are: "You have a 90 Days Late in the past or current". So it looks like my guess about the CO ding 3 years ago is correct. Truth is since 2010 I have never missed any payment with 2-5% UTIL.

Like poster suggested earlier, I will wait 45 days for an auto. At which time my AMEX True Earnings is due for a 3x CLI (4.5k -> 13.5K, hopefully). I will get a CLI from AMEX first, wait for it to hit the CRA, then I'll come back to deal with IT. Does it sound like a good plan everyone?

The letter should give the Credit Bureau used, I suspect it's Equifax..if so you won't get any love from Discover till CO ages more, or if you can somehow get it deleted from your report...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 18 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@pt2005 wrote:

I called Discover after 6 months to ask for a little luv. 

My wife is on the card too (co-owner). She's in the 720-750 across the board, and I'm in early 700.

Combined income is $170K. We have AMEX, Freedom, and other prime cards. But Discover denied us. Asked to talk to Supervisor. Declined. He said he need a HP from both of us. I said look we have cards in 10K. Even Cap1 gave us 3K-5K. You (Discover) are the lowest CC we have. And we have put in more than 10 grand in the last 6 months. Always PIF and paid MULTIPLE TIMES a month. He said NO. We need HP from both of you. I tried the luv button and it said call Discover.

Question: Is there any else we can do rather than waiting for Auto CLI from the. We both don't want HP.

Thanks

In the same pickle with them. 1K CL had the card over a year they refuse to increase without a HP. Smiley Mad

Same here! I have giant credit lines with other cards and I cannot get Discover to give me over $5500!

That is why it sits in the SD and gets no use.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.