Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration Re: Amex Support

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Frustration Re: Amex Support

I'd like to solicit opinions on the best way to express my frustration to Amex regarding their new support options.  I hate not being able to email anyone, and although I loathe support chat, its better than being on the phone.  Unfortunately, the past few days I can't seem to even find an easy access option to start a chat, and when I do, I get an error that chat is "unavailable at this time".  I was going to write on their facebook page, but I was wondering if anyone had a good email address to send a short note to ?   

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Re: Frustration Re: Amex Support

I understand your frustration since I've run into the same issue a few times but it seems that the chat wil be available once it is fully implemented so the chat icon should appear on the contact page at all times from what I understood from Amex.

As to how to give them feedback, have you tried the Community on their website? Although there are already a few threads regarding the issue. I think they are aware of the complaints. Facebook is an idea though.

As usual, others will chime in.

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can try their twitter account but the only time chat wasn't available for me is on Sundays
Message 3 of 7
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

It's true that Sundays is not a good day to try the chat feature. However, even on a regular day it is sometimes hard to chat with them as the icon will not even appear. In this case, what I do is simply stay on the page and wait a bit and the icon finally starts blinking. It worked a few times.

Message 4 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I had a system to get the chat button to show up 50% of the time under 2 seconds, and continued to use that until i found out there is a chat button in the "update bank account" tab that works everytime. Unfortunatley I get th unavailable all the time too.
Message 5 of 7
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I couldn't find the chart for a few days. Finally I did and asked about backdating dh authorized user card. They told me I would have to call.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Pretty sure they only do replacement cards by phone call...no live chat
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.