Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration and Barclays

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Frustration and Barclays

First off ugh only because of dealing with cap1. I took interest charges and asked why when i PIF this month or last statement however it was. The lady i spoke to and its not just her its all of them its just generic information i always get from their website Smiley Frustrated

Now about Barclays, i just received an offer its a World MC its their rewards card according to the thing. Questions about it.

1. How is Barlcays pre-approval mailers? (i know they can be picky with new accounts, i have 2 currently this year. Chase in June, and Discover July 31)

2. How is their cust. service?

3. Since it says it will be a World MC is it a instant 5k approval or could it be less like their arrival card? Even though the mailer says World MC im assuming its possible to get less than 5k, if so can i be upgraded to World in the future if that happens?

4. I see it says 2 points per $1 on gas and utility, are their rewards any good, is this card worth it?

5. One last question, are CLI SP or HP also how often can i request?

6. Also are PC's allowed with Barclays?

I am basically all set and content with my cards but cap1 is rather frustrating and i am thinking about replacing them for a new MC. Also depending if the EO will give me the CLI i requested, they called me today. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Frustration and Barclays

@Skye12329 wrote:

First off ugh only because of dealing with cap1. I took interest charges and asked why when i PIF this month or last statement however it was. The lady i spoke to and its not just her its all of them its just generic information i always get from their website Smiley Frustrated

Now about Barclays, i just received an offer its a World MC its their rewards card according to the thing. Questions about it.

1. How is Barlcays pre-approval mailers? (i know they can be picky with new accounts, i have 2 currently this year. Chase in June, and Discover July 31)

2. How is their cust. service?

3. Since it says it will be a World MC is it a instant 5k approval or could it be less like their arrival card? Even though the mailer says World MC im assuming its possible to get less than 5k, if so can i be upgraded to World in the future if that happens?

4. I see it says 2 points per $1 on gas and utility, are their rewards any good, is this card worth it?

5. One last question, are CLI SP or HP also how often can i request?

6. Also are PC's allowed with Barclays?

I am basically all set and content with my cards but cap1 is rather frustrating and i am thinking about replacing them for a new MC. Also depending if the EO will give me the CLI i requested, they called me today. 

1. Pre approvals are good

2. Cust is pretty good

3. it's $5k for World but you could get approved for less and not world (plat. version) recons are fantastic with barclay though

4. rewards, it's basically what it is... much better out but depending where you are in building or what not

5. cli i believe online are sp if you take counter or something, if you call in through credit analyst hp

6. no pc unless it's like apple card and they will switch you to this rewards card.

Message 2 of 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks CA now my next question is, i heard they will close accounts on you due to inqs. I only have 2 for this year and the rest are 1 year old and i think i have about 12 total? Do you think my chances of them closing are high or no?

As for recon is it HP or the same pull used? Also if i do get plat. version is it possible to be upgraded?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Thanks CA now my next question is, i heard they will close accounts on you due to inqs. I only have 2 for this year and the rest are 1 year old and i think i have about 12 total? Do you think my chances of them closing are high or no?

As for recon is it HP or the same pull used? Also if i do get plat. version is it possible to be upgraded?

that's like Amex will FR you if you go over $25k

has it happened? Yes

Is it the norm? I dont' think so!

What barclay is usually more concerned about is you getting their card and several others and your debt goes up!

if you are keeping debt down but opening new accounts... it's who knows.... i didn't have any issues.

my partners card was CLD last year but it was due to debt since opening account increasing... they didn't close it though.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.