Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration :/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustration :/

Had my BK discharge November 2011, I immediately got a Capital One secured card. I had to pay $49 for a $200 limit. I recieved the card and have made 2 payments on it and just recieved my first statement. I plan on adding more to it fir a higher CL after the holidays. Cap one still hasn't reported to the 3 beaurus btw. I was very interested in recieving a Walmart card for the free score and helping boost my credit, I am not sure what my score is- I'm guessing high 5's or very low 600's. I applied for the walmart card and recieved the 7-10 message. I called today and was told there was no option for recon at this time. Am I just trying too early? Any help would be appreciated. As soon as I get scores I will update.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pmbrian
Contributor

Re: Frustration :/

I am guessing that your scores are lower then you think with your BK discharged 11/2011, you could do the free trial perioed here at MyFico to get your score.

03/25/20 - FICO 8 EQ - 709 TU - 717 EX - 718

09/02/19 - FICO 8 EQ - 702 TU - 699 EX - 714
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Walmart pulls TU, I would suggest going over to Transunion and getting a free report based on a recent denial (Do not buy the score) Go through that report and make sure accounts are reporting correctly and that accounts in BK do not show balances and lates after filing etc.  If all accounts are reporting correctly then I would come back to MyFico.com and order your TU report here and get score also.  I say go to TU first and get free report without score is in my experience when I came out of BK it took several months for me to get accounts reporting correctly.

Did you have GE backed cards in your BK?

When you got approved for Cap1 did they send you scores for the credit reports they pulled?

Message 3 of 11
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

While I understand your frustration,I think you need to realize that with a big negative so fresh on your reports your options for new credit are very small right now and will remain slim for quite some time. In that regard, it doesn't matter whether Cap. One reports now or in a few weeks. It takes them a bit. You have nothing to lose at this point. I'd just wait and get a few months' payment history on the card before you apply for the next.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

so I ordered my fico score- yuck Smiley Mad.  I have a lot of work to do.  After reviewing my TU report I see I have some collections that will be falling off in the next 3 years so I guess I will just focus on my Cap One card and paying down my student loans for now and hope and pray that once these baddies start falling up my score will improve.  No more credit apps for me for a long time!!!  Thanks everyone for your replies!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I had any GE based accounts on my BK.  I had Orchard and Target- all other stuff was not credit cards.

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What are the collections for? and why were they not included in the BK?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collections all say included in BK but also have a fall off date. Does this seem correct ?
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes and if they were included in BK they will effect some prime banks but as they get closer to falling off they are not doing that much to your score.

I would pull Fico TU and if above 600 apply for Barclay Apple card and if denied call backdoor number and recon, they are excellent for that and many of us have had recent approvals with them!

Message 9 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

With the BK being so new, I would let that age for a year or so. You can get a secured card with your local bank and it would only be 1 HP...Cap 1 could hit you up with 3 HPs and it would not make your CRs look any better. Banks going to see, new BK lots of new inquiries so you are going to get alot of doors slammed in your face.

Let the fire subside, wait 1 yr than hit up for a store card and most of those don't have AF. Than slowly hit up another app 6 months after that. Let your inquiries age at least 6 months between apps for any new cards down the road imo. It would look alot better in the eyes of these banks and you will eventually get your foot back in the door. Just be patience. You want 1 app = 1 new card and only way to do that is have patience and read up on myfico to stay focus.

GL......

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.