Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Frustration

@webhopper wrote:
You have some great cards and your BB store card is way better than mine!

i plan on closing both cap1's keeping BBY for sometime, keeping kohls for long run as i get 30% alot and dont pay tax on clothes in my state, 123 will be with me for the long haul as will zync and chase. home depot will be closed when paid, jared most likly will be closed at some point once i start getting better limits as its my highest CL right now

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 41 of 54
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Mine is stuch at 600 forever. I use it to buy turbotax software once a year
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 42 of 54
TapDancer324
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would Cap One let you combine your two accounts into one?

Not trying to take afbar off track, but I wonder if this IS possible?

Starting Score: 534 EQ FICO: 10/11
Current Score: 727 EQ FICO; 717 TU FICO (per Lending Club) As of 6/1/14; ??? EX :
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TapDancer324 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would Cap One let you combine your two accounts into one?

Not trying to take afbar off track, but I wonder if this IS possible?

I was told that was not possible about 6-8 months ago.

Message 44 of 54
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

I am frustrated because all my cards have low limits. I would like higher limits but I guess I need to wait for at least six months  in order to get  either a CLI or a new card ie freedom…. Or something else like discover… but I hate waiting. My FICO scores are EX: 671 EQ: 657 TU: 643. I guess I have good scores maybe a little low because of higher UTL but still confused because scores went up since bal’s posted on the cards that reported $0 last month and one went  from $0 to $357 and score didn’t move… my UTL last month was around 20% this month its around 30%. O I guess try to get it down and then ask for a CLI on 123 card and then get a freedom or discover… is that my best move? But I am going to try to wait until 3/13 to app for new cards if I can. 

I'm pretty much in the same position as you.  All of my open CCs are less than a year old. My scores are similar and most of my CLs are as well though I did have luck wth Citi recently.  I had read on here that they are usually generous with starting limits and give frequent CLIs.  I think it helped that I did have one CC with 5 years of positive payment history, though it had a $500 limit.  It was my Orchard Bank which I closed last month (before I apped) because the $79 AF was due. 

You might want to give them a try next, but I recommend letting your accounts age some first.  When Chase recently denied me for another card, the analyst I spoke with said the age of my accouts was the biggest issue.  I'm going to take their advice.  I've taken a lot of unnecessary inqs (they add up quickly) due to my impatience.  When my Citi cards hit 6 months, I'm going to try for CLIs on them.  I'm pretty sure they sp.  I'll let the new CLs report before I try for anything else.  By then all of my other accounts will be at least a year old and hopefully I start seeing some auto CLIs as well. Until then, I'm going to be a good little gardner. 

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 45 of 54
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Sorry if I went on tangent, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 46 of 54
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I guess i need to wait and see what cards i need/ want if any at one year mark.. i plan on keeping boa zync kohls and chase as long as i can
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 47 of 54
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

my app itch is no more as i have learned i need to wait and garden what i have. from what others have told me i have some nice cards. just need to let them grow. i just need to figure out what to close, what to keep, what to ask for CLI's on and when, and if and what and when will be my next card if i really need it. my 123 card is great as well as zync. i would like to replace slate with freedom and maybe to the CSP combo. by that time my cap1's will be closed as well as HD and maybe BBY and Jared. but i plan on keeping jared untill i get higher limits on onther cards.

Message 48 of 54
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Keep accounts open unless the account has a AF. I see no reason to close unless creditors keep denying you for too many accounts. All you do is hurt your AAoA for even longer and your racking in all these INQs might as well leave them open. I had $200 target card since '08 and $300 kohls (now $1500) since '08 but I never once thought to close them because all your doing is hurting your score even more. Good limits don't come for years.
Message 49 of 54
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Unless you at some point decide to stop doing stuff then you wil be where you are forever. More inquires equal lower score equal smaller lines on anyone who does approve you leading to your need to do something to make it all better thus starting the.process all over again. Stop doing anything for one whole year. Yup a year. No apps, no cl increase.requests, no opening and closing of accounts. Just do nothing. Dont come to these forums. Stay away.from any website that has anything to do with credit. And if you have not done so yet, get a couple of dogs.
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.