Super Contributor
concorduser

Frys

Did any one apply for the frys credit card? What is your experience with this card?
Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

Re: Frys

[ Edited ]

concorduser wrote:
Did any one apply for the frys credit card? What is your experience with this card?

The credit card is issued by First Electronic Bank, Draper, UT.  It seems to be owned by Fry's.  The BBB of Utah and the rip-off report have unsatisfactory ratings for the Bank.  There have also been other threads on this forum where the Bank was discussed in a negative manner.

BTW. I did apply for this card in store several years ago when my credit was in mid-600s.  Got decline letter, without any specific reason, and stating that I would have to write them a letter if I desired a statement of specific reasons why the application was denied.  The fact that they don't extend the courtesy of explaining their reasons in the denial letter and making me send a letter requesting the information is indicative  of a "no class" bank.

Personally, I'd buy electronics at Fry's and use a credit card from a "real" bank or cu.

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 10-10-2009 08:49 PM
Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 10-10-2009 08:50 PM
I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Established Contributor
pattycake

I used to work in law enforcement/consumer protection, and this was indeed an oft-mentioned credit issuer.  I'd recommend you use another CC for a purchase at Fry's.  They are an excellent electronics store (I used to spend Saturday evenings there - LOVED it!), but their credit products leave little to be desired.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
aqualuv74

concorduser wrote:

I got an in-store approval today for $3000.  My Credit Karma score is 643 and I have 30 inquires :smileyhappy: Not sure yet who they pulled nor to which bureas they report.  

New Contributor
hizzaah

[ Edited ]

I worked at a Fry's as a cashier for a summer and I was unfortunately good at getting customers to sign up for a card.. It's not that great of a card. This was ~4 years ago but I remember interest free only applies to some items in the store and the interest rate was usually around 28%! YMMV

USAA Scores (Inq): TU: 693(8)   EX: 693(5)   EQ: 693(14)
Discover IT Student - $500  Chase Freedom - $500  Amex Blue Cash Everyday - $1000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+