Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fu Or Regular freedom to pair with csp

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Fu Or Regular freedom to pair with csp

Just received my csp in the mail today and wanted to know which freedom card I should pair it to. The freedom unlimited or the regular freedom? I want to use the freedom as an everyday card except for when the csp is better (dinning,travel etc) for the UR points. Also when should I apply for either of the freedom cards? Now or wait 6 months? Back story- I had to be recommended for the csp to be approved due to the bk being just 4 years old. The csp is only my 1st card in 3 years. My other 3 cards are nfcu flagship walmart and barclay arrival and all 3 are 3 years or older. 

Credit score 706 equifax (csp provided score)

util less than 10%

Nfcu 23.5k

Barclay 5.3k

Walmart 5k

CSP 5k

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fu Or Regular freedom to pair with csp

@svtthis wrote:

Just received my csp in the mail today and wanted to know which freedom card I should pair it to. The freedom unlimited or the regular freedom? I want to use the freedom as an everyday card except for when the csp is better (dinning,travel etc) for the UR points. Also when should I apply for either of the freedom cards? Now or wait 6 months? Back story- I had to be recommended for the csp to be approved due to the bk being just 4 years old. The csp is only my 1st card in 3 years. My other 3 cards are nfcu flagship walmart and barclay arrival and all 3 are 3 years or older. 

Credit score 706 equifax (csp provided score)

util less than 10%

Nfcu 23.5k

Barclay 5.3k

Walmart 5k

CSP 5k

If you're wanting one to use as an everyday card, the Freedom Unlimited is the only one that will always be better than CSP (outside of dining and travel). The normal Freedom is the same 1% for anything that is not in the rotating 5% categories through the year.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fu Or Regular freedom to pair with csp

Great question ideally all three! I have the Freedom ando Chase Sapphire and apped for the Unlimited last night but it's pending.

Last year with the exception of the 4th quarter and the amazing 10% Amazon category on the Freedom. However this year with a grocery and restaurants category it's alot better!

I would get the Unlimited if I had to choose Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.