Did you mean: 

Fuel Rewards?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Fuel Rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

This app is awesome. I've accumulated $65c per gallon on my next fill up by spending on stuff I normally spend on. About 95% of the places I frequent are on the rewards program, so it's pretty awesome. I didn't have to open a new tradeline for this. Just linked my two MC's up and go about my day.

Sounds great broketiathlete. Can you give us more details or some examples? So, once your card is linked, you just have to review the shopping/dining/gas places int he program so you know which ones are included? Can the points be redeemed for shopping and dining too, not just for gas?

Excited to get my mastercard hopefully soon!

Sure. I've had this rewards program for under a month. When you first sign up on the mobile app you get $5c for that. I used that the first fill up though. Then I received $25c for linking my MC to it. They there was a summer time bonus (spend $25 in the first 25 days at a restaurant) and get another $25c. So now I'm at $50c. Then just last night I had $12 left at a restuarant to receive another $10c and $5c. So now I'm at $65c at my next fill up. Then you get an automatic $3c regardless if you fill up at shell.

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 49
onstar
Established Contributor

I added 4 MC and 3 Amex. System doesn't seem to like Visa even though it has Visa as an option. I tried 6 Visa cards, and so far I'm 0 for 6 (B of A, 2 Chase, 2 Capital One, Comenity).

EDIT: I added a 5th MC. It won't allow a 6th MC as the limit is 5 MC. Maybe 5 per type of card. Also, finally able to add a Visa. It may have been having issues connecting to Visa earlier.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 22 of 49
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

This app is awesome. I've accumulated $65c per gallon on my next fill up by spending on stuff I normally spend on. About 95% of the places I frequent are on the rewards program, so it's pretty awesome. I didn't have to open a new tradeline for this. Just linked my two MC's up and go about my day.

Sounds great broketiathlete. Can you give us more details or some examples? So, once your card is linked, you just have to review the shopping/dining/gas places int he program so you know which ones are included? Can the points be redeemed for shopping and dining too, not just for gas?

Excited to get my mastercard hopefully soon!

Sure. I've had this rewards program for under a month. When you first sign up on the mobile app you get $5c for that. I used that the first fill up though. Then I received $25c for linking my MC to it. They there was a summer time bonus (spend $25 in the first 25 days at a restaurant) and get another $25c. So now I'm at $50c. Then just last night I had $12 left at a restuarant to receive another $10c and $5c. So now I'm at $65c at my next fill up. Then you get an automatic $3c regardless if you fill up at shell.

Also in the app there is a rewards in progress tab under my account. The top 2 I met last night which is what gave me the $.65c off. It doesn't process until it clears your CC account. 

image.png

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

I added 4 MC and 3 Amex. System doesn't seem to like Visa even though it has Visa as an option. I tried 6 Visa cards, and so far I'm 0 for 6 (B of A, 2 Chase, 2 Capital One, Comenity).

EDIT: I added a 5th MC. It won't allow a 6th MC as the limit is 5 MC. Maybe 5 per type of card; maybe Visa has a limit of 0. LOL.

Thanks for posting. I tried one visa before I read this and it didn't work either. I've got 2 ea MC registered. Sucks that AmEx and Barclays MC takes up two spots each for primary and AU if there's a limit of 5. #myficomemberproblems

Message 24 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to say it's decent.  The Shell station that has the program is actually out of my way even though there are three shell stations by me is crappy. again if you are a card holder of multple rewards and 5% back on those,  that is almost 20 cents a gallon off anyway.  I doubt you can double dip freedoms but a Quicksilver Mc is a yes. If this was your one card it would be worthwhile that must have this have a little bit going on everywhere especially when trying to meet spends. I have a 50 cent per gallon interesting I still have not redeemed because I need to plan my trip two cities over into Ontario

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my expiration question answered: 

Most rewards expire on the last day of the month. Some rewards are available longer than others, butall rewards are available for at least one month. See below for details on expiration for each program offer.

1-Month Expiration

Rewards earned through the following offers expire on the last day of the month, one full month following the month in which they were earned.

Ex: Earn a reward on June 15, and the reward will expire on July 31.

Winn-Dixie
MasterCard® Offers
 Shop at Shell
Ceasars Total Rewards
 Homeland
Countrymart® Offers
 IGS Energy

2-Month Expiration

Rewards earned through the following offers expire on the last day of the month, two full months following the month in which they were earned.

Ex: Earn a reward on June 15, and the reward will expire on August 31.

Shop Retailers
Book Travel
Shop Online

3-Month Expiration

Rewards earned through the following offers expire on the last day of the month, three full months following the month in which they were earned.

Ex: Earn a reward on June 15, and the reward will expire on September 30.

Dine Out
 BI-LO

30-Day Expiration

Rewards earned through the following offers expire 30 days after the reward is earned.

Ex: Earn a reward on June 15, and the reward will expire on July 15.

Hy-Vee

I was hoping they'd be longer, but luckily dining ones are the longest. Looks like virtually everywhere is on the dining list for me. Assuming if it shows up on the list on the app that it counts. Sweet! 
Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this everyone. This gives us all some more information to review to learn more about the program. I was as confused about it as the OP!

Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

i signed up but going to unlink my cards...i have no participating shell gas stations here, which is what i use the most Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like there are two tiers of dining deals. There's .05 deals that are more abundant and .10 deals that are for the more obscure local places. The map on the app gives only the .10 ones, but the list gives them all. The .05 ones are .05 per gallon with $100 spending and you can only use MC, where the .10 ones are .10 per gallon with $50 spending and you can use MC/AmEx/Visa (theoretically if you could actually register a Visa). This may not all be true across the board, but it's what I'm seeing. 

I wonder if they could make this any more complicated? 

Message 29 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i signed up but going to unlink my cards...i have no participating shell gas stations here, which is what i use the most :smileysad

I wonder if the partciipating shell stations list is updated. I just called the Shell down the street from our house - not listed in that list but the manager said they ARE part of Fuel Rewards. Hm.

May be a good idea to call some close by that you might use if you don't see them in the list. Hope this helps.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.