cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Fact Part 2: A lot more lenders pull ARS than you think.

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Fun Fact Part 2: A lot more lenders pull ARS than you think.

Part 1 can be found here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Fun-Fact-More-lenders-pull-IDA-than-you-think/td-p/3119...

This is the continuation of Part 1. I finally received response from ARS. Thicker envelope from ARS than IDA, and that means more information to share. I uploaded a document (with my personal info removed) because some people are skeptical about ARS who doesn't even have a website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3uawl8kxufgh7o/ars.jpg

As you can see from the document above, two interesting facts:

* ARS is a subsidiary of Visa, Inc.

* ARS collects information from Visa and MasterCard issuers.

Here is the list of issuers I or other myFICO members can confirmed that hard pulled and reported to ARS,

* Barclay

* Bank of America

* Citi

* Chase

* FIA Card Services

* First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO)

* USAA (thanks MACFRME)

* US Bank

And here is the list of issuers that didn't hard pull but reported to ARS,

* Capital One

* TD Bank/Target (Very odd one, as I have store card only)

Like IDA, it doesn't record account performance. But ARS does record your email + IP address reported by your issuers. Chase is the only issuer on my report that furnish these informations.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Fun Fact Part 2: A lot more lenders pull ARS than you think.

Thanks trumpet-205 !!

It's my turn to go get these two consumer reports and figure out what're they up to Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Part 1 can be found here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Fun-Fact-More-lenders-pull-IDA-than-you-think/td-p/3119...

This is the continuation of Part 1. I finally received response from ARS. More thicker envelope from ARS than IDA, and that means more information to share. I uploaded a document (with my personal info removed) because some people are skeptical about ARS who doesn't even have a website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3uawl8kxufgh7o/ars.jpg

As you can see from the document above, two interesting facts:

* ARS is a subsidiary of Visa, Inc.

* ARS collects information from Visa and MasterCard issuers.

Here is the list of issuers I dealt with that hard pulled and reported to ARS,

* Barclay

* Bank of America

* Citi

* Chase

* FIA Card Services

* First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO)

* US Bank

And here is the list of issuers that didn't hard pull but reported to ARS,

* Capital One

* TD Bank/Target (Very odd one, as I have store card only)

Like IDA, it doesn't record account performance. But ARS does record your email + IP address reported by your issuers. Chase is the only issuer on my report that furnish these informations.

IP address?  As in Internet Protocol Address?  If so thats a bit weird (glad I use IP masking Smiley Happy )

Message 3 of 15
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm that the OP is correct. I just froze my IDA and ARS reports. I received a copy from ARS listing all of the above banks making inquiries (Yes, I did apply to all of them). In addition, Chase did report to ARS my IP address. The other banks either reported my email address or date of birth. USAA was listed on mine too, so you might want to add that to the list.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 4 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

IP address?  As in Internet Protocol Address?  If so thats a bit weird (glad I use IP masking Smiley Happy ) 

Yes. I really don't understand why Chase or ARS felt it is important.

I have been thinking about subscribing to a VPN service for a long time, maybe this'll push me to get one.

LIST UPDATED. Thanks MACFRME.

Message 5 of 15
ArCpa
Contributor

ARS is owned by Axiom

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 6 of 15
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

How will future apps be affected when you get these two CRA's (IDA and ARS) frozen? Because it looks like several of the big banks pull and report to them. Will your app be denied because these lenders can't pull these reports?

Message 7 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

ARS is owned by Axiom

And how is Axiom related to Visa? The letter I received from them (which I uploaded) say they are a subsidiary of Visa.

@TravellingNomad wrote:

How will future apps be affected when you get these two CRA's (IDA and ARS) frozen? Because it looks like several of the big banks pull and report to them. Will your app be denied because these lenders can't pull these reports?

There should be no impact. US Bank is known to approve people if you were denied because of bad ARS/IDA report. 

Message 8 of 15
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

Chase also furnished my email and IP to ARS.

My ARS report shows Capital One inquiries in the "accessed your consumer report for application review purposes" section.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 9 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

Chase also furnished my email and IP to ARS.

My ARS report shows Capital One inquiries in the "accessed your consumer report for application review purposes" section.

Yep...thanks to this recording I have a Thai IP address on my file because I was stupid enough to apply while in vacation in Phuket....lol...but to my surprise it did not lead to a denial Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.