cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Fact Part 2: A lot more lenders pull ARS than you think.

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Fun Fact Part 2: A lot more lenders pull ARS than you think.

i use static ips and change them regularly, wonder how many they have for me lol

Message 11 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i use static ips and change them regularly, wonder how many they have for me lol

Why not request one and find out?

Message 12 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

How will future apps be affected when you get these two CRA's (IDA and ARS) frozen? Because it looks like several of the big banks pull and report to them. Will your app be denied because these lenders can't pull these reports?

At least for the time being, whether or not they are frozen has absolutely no bearing on lender approval.  There are certain lenders who pull ARS/IDA who will still approve with those reports frozen.

Message 13 of 15
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

How will future apps be affected when you get these two CRA's (IDA and ARS) frozen? Because it looks like several of the big banks pull and report to them. Will your app be denied because these lenders can't pull these reports?

At least for the time being, whether or not they are frozen has absolutely no bearing on lender approval.  There are certain lenders who pull ARS/IDA who will still approve with those reports frozen.

In many cases, it does matter. There's good evidence of people being denied by US Bank based solely on ARS/IDA because they have a longer memory than the Big 3 CRAs. That's why churners go through the trouble of freezing their reports. There is no harm in freezing your reports, as banks simply default to TU/EX/EQ to make a decision.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 14 of 15
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

i found a link for ARS http://www.ars-consumeroffice.com/securityfreeze.faces
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.