Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

@Lechte wrote:

Anybody know this question?   It's about to turn a month since I was approved for those 7 cards I mentioned earlier in this thread.  3 of em started reporting within a week of approval...Buckle, HSN, Brylane.  I'm wonderin about the other 4...or at least the other 3.  I haven't used any of em yet.  Does it usually take this long for Comenity to report? 

Freakn jinxed myself....3 of em just reported. 

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 111 of 127
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@Noangelny wrote:

Just curious why you all want better credit? Is it for a home or car? I claimed bankcruptcy in 2/2004

right before my husband moved here from Sweden. I had so much credit card debt it was ridiculous! 

In Sweden they don't use a credit system like ours so for the last 10 years I have learned to spend only what

I have or buy what I need. I always had 1 card Capital One which has a $3800 limit but I never go over $1000 and try to pay it off in 2 months.

I also bought my house cash, no mortgage and I live in NYC so that is saying a lot. We have 2 new cars 2012's bought cash also. 

Since being here I have accepted VS, Buckle, Avenue and HSN. I am definitely stopping. I really only wanted HSN but excited that I even was preapproved for any.

So what are you all striving for with improved credit?

Personally, I have no interest (or ability) in buying a house in cash. Most people can't afford to buy a house outright, and honestly I don't see the point in trying (unless you're very wealthy). I'd rather just make a mortgage payment every month and make sure I'm investing and saving for retirement. Even though you obviously pay more in interest that way, investing money instead of using it to pay down a mortgage faster can end up being a lot more profitable in the long run! 

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 112 of 127
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Dont just get cards just because. You will get stuck in low limit hell

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 113 of 127
Tmac254
Established Member

What do you mean by low limit hell?
Message 114 of 127
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Lechte wrote:

I'm in rebuilding mode....low scores.  Got bored over the weekend, and became an idiot.  I got 7 preapprovals and freakn accepted them all.  All of em SP'd EQ, except VS...they SP'd EX.   I was just excited to finally see all these APPROVED! messages. I couldnt' control myself.  I will probably never use any of these cards except maybe Buckle and Express..and maybe VS for special gifts for my gf.  ...I hope I didn't screw up.  I plan on apping for a mortgage in 2 years.   Someone tell me I'll be ok and 2 years is enough time to heal.  When would be a good time to close these, if I should close them at all?  I'd like to get 1 more REAL CC 6-12 months before I app.  My AAOA was 1.58 yrs before I did this.  All scores below 600

Victoria Secrets - $250

Express - $???

Brylane - $250

Buckle -  $250

Ann Taylor  - $250

HSN  -  $750

J. Crew - $250

In 2 years?  With proper gardening you'll be doing great.  Plus keep working on cleaning up your report,  I'd say you'd be well into the 700s by then.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 115 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

I'm in rebuilding mode....low scores.  Got bored over the weekend, and became an idiot.  I got 7 preapprovals and freakn accepted them all.  All of em SP'd EQ, except VS...they SP'd EX.   I was just excited to finally see all these APPROVED! messages. I couldnt' control myself.  I will probably never use any of these cards except maybe Buckle and Express..and maybe VS for special gifts for my gf.  ...I hope I didn't screw up.  I plan on apping for a mortgage in 2 years.   Someone tell me I'll be ok and 2 years is enough time to heal.  When would be a good time to close these, if I should close them at all?  I'd like to get 1 more REAL CC 6-12 months before I app.  My AAOA was 1.58 yrs before I did this.  All scores below 600

Victoria Secrets - $250

Express - $???

Brylane - $250

Buckle -  $250

Ann Taylor  - $250

HSN  -  $750

J. Crew - $250

In 2 years?  With proper gardening you'll be doing great.  Plus keep working on cleaning up your report,  I'd say you'd be well into the 700s by then.

Thanks Sho....I might add...that AAOA is incorrect.  I was going by CK.  My actual AAOA now is about 2.5 yrs....before it was around 4 years.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 116 of 127
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Played around a little tonight... MyPoints Visa $4000 preappoval.  Sportsmans Visa-  pre-approved but no limit stated.. accepted both.

Message 117 of 127
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Were those for my points and sportsman's guide soft or hard inquiries? 

Message 118 of 127
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

both were soft pulls... I have EX and TU frozen, temporarily unblocked EQ Friday night.. Ran both USAA CCP and EQ and no hard inquiries.  

I found with My points I needed to update my address, log out, go back in, then the Mypoints visa showed up as the last thing there.. clicked on it and it said pre approved..

Sportsmans came after I got to the check out, added a card to pay, then it came up preappoved.  I had to add the "club membership to the cart and put a pair of winter boots.. once I got the approval, I clearaed the cart and went on my way.

My points gives you the limit right away, sportsmans didn't.. I'll either call them in a day or so or just wait for the card to show up.

Message 119 of 127
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I believe with the Sportsman's guide card you can register for online account access with your social and see your limit that way.

Message 120 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.