Did you mean: 

Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Noangelny wrote:

Congrats! I just found out about the shopping cart trick and I have been pre-apporved for

HSN $750

VS $500

Avenue $250

Buckle $250 

The last 3 in the last 2 days! You guys are AWESOME!

Do you know what other stores have pre-approval? I want Lane Bryant, Torrid and Total Rewards

any of these do the pre-approval?

Just a reminder.   You are killing your AAoA for tiny amounts of credit.   SP rather than HP is good, but only if the card is worth getting (or if you get a useful CL)

+1

Message 21 of 127
H4LO
Established Contributor

@samm90 wrote:
I was approved for victorias secret $750. Didn't accept since I'm a guy with no need for a vs card.

How did you not accept it? For some reason when I did it. I got approved and I couldn't find a way to get rid of it lol.

Now it reports. Smiley Mad I have yet to activate it.... Thought about giving it to my signifcant other... lol

I always get the pre-approved offer for the Fuel Network Rewards card. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 22 of 127
samm90
New Contributor

I just clicked no thanks or not interested. They did send me lots of emails, but I was able to unsubscribe. Maybe you can get an eyebrow raise out of the next loan officer you sit down with.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 23 of 127
Ron1
Super Contributor

@samm90 wrote:
I just clicked no thanks or not interested. They did send me lots of emails, but I was able to unsubscribe. Maybe you can get an eyebrow raise out of the next loan officer you sit down with.

I just pre-approved for Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard with shopping trick. 

Ron.

Message 24 of 127
H4LO
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@samm90 wrote:

I just pre-approved for Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard with shopping trick. 

Ron.

Congrats. Glad I mentioned it! 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 25 of 127
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Haven't logged into fuel rewards for a while because a.) the Shells in my area don't accept it, they use the Stop & Shop rewards and b.) compared to UR and Upromise, rewards mall stinks! Logged in to see if i got the preapproval, and i did! That was fun Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 127
Noangelny

What did you do to get the card/? What is the process? 

I got approved for bill pay today, never even thought to try it!

/

Message 27 of 127
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Still can't get these pop-up's to appear. Tried on chrome ... nada.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 28 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

I'm in rebuilding mode....low scores.  Got bored over the weekend, and became an idiot.  I got 7 preapprovals and freakn accepted them all.  All of em SP'd EQ, except VS...they SP'd EX.   I was just excited to finally see all these APPROVED! messages. I couldnt' control myself.  I will probably never use any of these cards except maybe Buckle and Express..and maybe VS for special gifts for my gf.  ...I hope I didn't screw up.  I plan on apping for a mortgage in 2 years.   Someone tell me I'll be ok and 2 years is enough time to heal.  When would be a good time to close these, if I should close them at all?  I'd like to get 1 more REAL CC 6-12 months before I app.  My AAOA was 1.58 yrs before I did this.  All scores below 600

Victoria Secrets - $250

Express - $???

Brylane - $250

Buckle -  $250

Ann Taylor  - $250

HSN  -  $750

J. Crew - $250

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 29 of 127
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Lechte. I've been trying for the past week and couldn't get any pop-ups to appear. Ive tried on IE, Chrome, cleared cookies, etc, 

and still nothing. I had never opted out, so, I requested opt-in, just in case, and still no pop-ups. What did you have to do?

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 30 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.