Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Fun w/ Shopping Cart Trick

Lechte...  expect your score to take a major dive for so many new accounts.  Your score will recover in time as they age and your CL's increase.  2 years is plenty of time for this to happen.  What's done is done, unless you can get them to close without reporting, not sure if thats possible or not. 

One thing though, most may require usage to get the CLI's so make small purchases and PIF to get that clock started.  Try the J Crew luv button every month, they often increase each month until you hit a certain point then flips to every 3 mos.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 61 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I know...I'm just givin you a hard time.   Is there a chance I could have those cards closed before they report?

There's such possibility, so it doesn't hurt to try.  So, if I were you, I would be on the horn tomorrow (well, I guess it's already tomorrow LOL) first thing when they open.  They may need to look things up by your SSN, etc.  You may need to engage a supervisor if the frontline CSR doesn't provide much traction.  However, let's say they are unable to comply or unreport the tradeline on some of them, then leave them open - it can only help you (just use them here and there) just to build some history.  But first, decide which ones you want to hang on to based on foreseeable usage and then contact the ones you intend to close.

Good luck either way and keep us posted.

I called CS for JCrew...Lady said that I had to call the CC CS during business hours.  I called Brylane..got their automated voice...thought I was just answering questions, to get me to a live CSR...NO, I accidentally closed the freakn account.  The automated voice said it was closed and that they would contact the Credit Bureaus to update or whatever.  I'm gonna call them first thing in the morning and call the others as well.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 62 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Lechte...  expect your score to take a major dive for so many new accounts.  Your score will recover in time as they age and your CL's increase.  2 years is plenty of time for this to happen.  What's done is done, unless you can get them to close without reporting, not sure if thats possible or not. 

One thing though, most may require usage to get the CLI's so make small purchases and PIF to get that clock started.  Try the J Crew luv button every month, they often increase each month until you hit a certain point then flips to every 3 mos.

thanks for the advice...i'm gonna try to get 4 of them closed successfully.  Only 1 of the 7 has reported so far...and that is the one I had planned on keeping anyway.  If I can get it down to 3, I think i'll be fine...I'd like to get 1 more unsecured CC before i garden for a mortgage in 2 years.

Message 63 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Update:

Brylane = Closed and will still report...I still have the option to reopen it without taking an extra hit..(still debating on what to do)

Ann Taylor = Closed and will not report

HSN = Closed and will not report

J. Crew = Left open, it would have reported if closed

Express = Left open, it would have reported if closed

VS  = Left open, it would have reported if closed

Buckle = Open, already reporting

So....4 open accounts, 1 closed after 1 week.    Should I reopen Brylane or leave it closed?  Should I close another account?  Aside from these accounts...in 6 months I will be in a good position to App for a decent CC.  How do you think lenders will view 1 or 2 closed accounts in such a short period?  I'm not sure if my CR will show that the Card was only opened for a week and if that's a red flag for lenders...if it's just only 1 or 2.

Message 64 of 127
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Based on what I've seen, I'd leave the accounts as they are. Anything that's been reported will be that way for at least seven years.

Using the various Comenity accounts will show a regular payment stream. I would never want to pay their APR, but PIF is just fine.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 65 of 127
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

HSN was one of the one's that I was told would not show up on my report...it has just reported.  Thank you CSR for lying to me.  I'm sure the others lied to me as well.  I've learned my lesson.

Message 66 of 127
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Lechte wrote:

HSN was one of the one's that I was told would not show up on my report...it has just reported.  Thank you CSR for lying to me.  I'm sure the others lied to me as well.  I've learned my lesson.

Just check your CRs periodically to determine if the other ones would not report as well. 

Message 67 of 127
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

Yes, when you posted my first thought was "I wonder..." but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.   I think preventing an open account from reporting is probably beyond the power of a front-line CSR  (i.e. they don't have a button "Don't report to agency").   I would consider contacting the others you were told wouldn't report and asking for a supervisor, but the "correct" behavior is that a new account is going to be reported, so you are basically asking for a favor.   And certainly some have been successful with various issuers.

Message 68 of 127
Jensea

@Ron1 wrote:

@samm90 wrote:
I just clicked no thanks or not interested. They did send me lots of emails, but I was able to unsubscribe. Maybe you can get an eyebrow raise out of the next loan officer you sit down with.

I just pre-approved for Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard with shopping trick. 

Ron.

Can you explain what the trick is for this? Are you just logging into your account or actually trying to make a purchase? And if you're making a purchase, where at exactly?  TIA!

Message 69 of 127
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jensea wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@samm90 wrote:
I just clicked no thanks or not interested. They did send me lots of emails, but I was able to unsubscribe. Maybe you can get an eyebrow raise out of the next loan officer you sit down with.

I just pre-approved for Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard with shopping trick. 

Ron.

Can you explain what the trick is for this? Are you just logging into your account or actually trying to make a purchase? And if you're making a purchase, where at exactly?  TIA!

For the FRN MC, there is nothing to "shop" for.  The pre-approval message can display after an account with the FRN program is created (or within a day or so after you log back in).  Elegibility is based upon a variety of creditworthiness factors (also making sure there is a correct/exact match with your CR information and you're opted-in), not every individual will qualify...YEMV.

Message 70 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.