Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with Balance Transfers

tag
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Fun with Balance Transfers

So I know there has been posts in the past about how long everyone has gone without paying any interest (and having no revolving balance).  My question is, how long have you guys gone without paying ANY interest WHILE carrying a balance?  That is, how long were you able to delay paying interest by balance transferring and the like?  Note, it doesn't count if you had to pay a fee to transfer your balance from one card to another.

Currently, I am at four months of no interest while carrying a balance and just got approved for the Chase Slate card, so add another 15 months to that.  Interested to see how long I can go for as perhaps another balance transfer card becomes available in the next year or so.  How's everyone else doing avoiding interest out there?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Fun with Balance Transfers

@tpatterson2k9 wrote:

So I know there has been posts in the past about how long everyone has gone without paying any interest (and having no revolving balance).  My question is, how long have you guys gone without paying ANY interest WHILE carrying a balance?  That is, how long were you able to delay paying interest by balance transferring and the like?  Note, it doesn't count if you had to pay a fee to transfer your balance from one card to another.

Currently, I am at four months of no interest while carrying a balance and just got approved for the Chase Slate card, so add another 15 months to that.  Interested to see how long I can go for as perhaps another balance transfer card becomes available in the next year or so.  How's everyone else doing avoiding interest out there?

Paying the bill in full.

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but the best solution is to pay what you owe. Bouncing balances around different cards can be cute for some people, but if there's ever an emergency or something bad happens (i.e. unemployment), things will be very ugly very fast. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.