New Contributor
dalleanne

Re: Fun with Credit Karma

That's exactly what I thought, Revelate. creditkarma has access to everyone's credit profile at the time when a new credit card starts reporting so they would be able to calculate your approval odds just by knowing what info is in your report.

I look at it to compare credit limits from various cards, it shows what someone in my age bracket is likely to get, plus you can guess which cards are generous with limits..
Valued Contributor
Dustink

[ Edited ]

I have a poor shot at AMEX Plat, BCE, Freedom, average crap1, and TY Pref... Glad I ignored credit karma

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Regular Contributor
ceemee2203

[ Edited ]

Sorry to bump this, but I thought it was funny to see when I logged back in today that I no longer have any cards withh Poor Approval Odds. So far, nothing has changed with my CR since I last checked CK.

LOL, and now that I've refreshed my report (still no changes) there are cards with poor odds again. (I refreshed my report yesterday and then again just now.)

Current Cards: AMEX Green, AMEX BCE ($15.2k), AMEX SPG ($6k), Arrival ($7.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k)

4/14 - 762 Fico (Barclaycard)
Valued Contributor
chnceit

ceemee2203 wrote:

Sorry to bump this, but I thought it was funny to see when I logged back in today that I no longer have any cards withh Poor Approval Odds. So far, nothing has changed with my CR since I last checked CK.

LOL, and now that I've refreshed my report (still no changes) there are cards with poor odds again. (I refreshed my report yesterday and then again just now.)

LOL CK is a funny but cool free tool to use. I dropped like 15 points because I reported a $280 balance on one of my cards. But my overall utlization is at 3%. It also dropped one point because an inquiry fell off. 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Frequent Contributor
WallyxD

Where are you guys going to see your approvals odds? I've yet to see it.

AE Store CC: $850 | AEO Visa: $2,300 | CapOne Quicksilver: $1,700 | Citi Forward for Students $1,500 | Walmart CC $1,350 | Chase Amazon: $500 | PayPal Smart Connect: $500 | Discover iT for Students: $500 | Chase Freedom: $500

Gardening until util 30%
TU Fico: 652 (3/11/14)
Valued Contributor
chnceit

WallyxD wrote:

Its right when you log in under credit cards

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Frequent Contributor
CreditWorld2013

WallyxD wrote:

When you log in go to the "Credit Cards". Then go to "Search All Credit Cards". Finally, on the left side you can click on "Approval Odds" and check/uncheck the different options you are looking for and as you do this the different results appear to the right. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+