Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with closing Comenity cards

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Fun with closing Comenity cards

@new_earth wrote:

so like a lot of others, when I first started out rebuilding I ended up with a "zillion" Comenity store cards...I am sure the number of them prevents me from getting the preapproval popups for better ones with them (Visa/MC's), and I now have way too many CC's open. I am also now starting to get approved for more prime cards and the number of store cards was just out of hand.

I just had fun closing Express, Talbots, Brylane Home, Woman Within, and Loft, most of which I either never used or used once and never again. I have done the math and considering the new/better CC's I just got, closing these cards won't affect my utilization.

I just think it's funny now looking back how crazy I went with getting these cards, feeling so special after having bad credit and being preapproved for $250 Smiley Very Happy

Credit one is next when they are open tomorrow Smiley Happy

Congrats, Yeah give credit one the axe Smiley LOL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 12
maksimfa
Contributor

Re: Fun with closing Comenity cards

I shop at express often, and even though the interest and limits on it suck... The offers and extra perks for the card are hard to beat if you shop there.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.