cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

tag
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

That's pretty cool. I've always liked San Francisco (but I hear that it's getting more expensive to in). I have a cousin whose parents live in Berkeley (don't know how far that is from where you used to live.) Sheesh, I can totally imagine the traffic. A couple of months ago, my buddy and I were going to go see a show down at Staples Center, and literally we left at 5 (show started at 8), we made it by 7:30 (then again it was my fault-I took the 101.) I hear you CS, it's getting worse here. I've seen some pretty bad accidents around here too from all the crappy drivers here (yes, the moms in their giant SUV's on their phones.) I can just imagine it taking you 8 1/2 hours from OC to Riverside and back....lol. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 21 of 53
Commandolam
New Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

So I used to pay cash for EVERYTHING until I found this site, and it changed my financial perspective on alot.

Anyway, I haven't been out to a crowded bar/club since I received my first AMEX card last month. Last night, a couple of my buddies and I went out on the town to a few clubs (hey, I'm 26!). At one, there was a particularly long wait for drinks at the bar, and I was behind aLOT of people. Everyone was waiving cash at the bartender, so I figured I would show some form of payment to get his attention! (By the way, male bartenders tend to serve the girls first, for obvious reasons lol). So out comes the AMEX and I'm reaching over people trying to get his attention. I guess the gold glitter caught the light a certain way, because he looks at me, reaches over people in front of me, and takes my order! BAM! Time is money, so maybe this crazy $175 AF will pay for itself in a variety of ways!! LOL

This got me thinking, I wonder what some of your funniest/craziest/weirdest stories are after people caught of peep of one of your handsomely-dressed credit cards?? Because, let's face it, everyone is just a little bit materialistic. 

I was at a Guns n' Roses concert a few months ago, and I decided to hop out of my seat to buy something to eat. I ended up at the register with a hotdog, fries, coke, and the most annoying checkout chick ever. I handed her my Ritz card and the conversation went something like this:

Her: Whoa, this is REALLY heavy. I've never seen one of these before. Is it an Amex?

Me: No, it's a Visa.

Her: Are you sure it isn't an Amex?

Me: No, I'm pretty sure it's a Visa. It says Visa on the card there.

Her: Oh... ok. So well... what do you do?

Me: What do I do? (I knew where this was headed but tried to play dumb for a bit)

Her: You know, like for a living. I'll bet it's something really cool, isn't it?

So I'm looking at her thinking the following:

1. B*tch, you don't even know me and you're asking these kinds of questions? Really? Talk about being too forward.

2. You have trouble written all over you. You're the kind of chick my father taught me since I was 3 to avoid like the plague.

3. You have WAY too much makeup caked all over your face, plus the hair extensions, etc. This means either you:

a) Have moderate to severe self-confidence issues if you feel the need to wear that much

b) Are most likely a gold-digging wh*re.
4. You've got fake eyelashes on, and your spray tan makes you look darker than my cousin's girlfriend who is from Egypt. Yup it's b, you're probably a gold-digging wh*re.

Me: What do I do for a living? Avoid questions from girls who have trouble written all over their face, that's what. Can I have my card now please? I can wear Welcome to the Jungle starting and I want to get back to my seat.

Her: Oh... here's your card back. Are you 100% sure it isn't an Amex?

I just walked off at that point thinking for f**k's sake...

A girl tries to make conversation with you and you randomly accuse her of being a gold digging wh*re and insult her appearance?  You call her a b*tch because she doesn't know you and asks what you do for a living, yet you go and call her these things and insult her without knowing her. That's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 22 of 53
machine
Established Member

@Commandolam wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

So I used to pay cash for EVERYTHING until I found this site, and it changed my financial perspective on alot.

Anyway, I haven't been out to a crowded bar/club since I received my first AMEX card last month. Last night, a couple of my buddies and I went out on the town to a few clubs (hey, I'm 26!). At one, there was a particularly long wait for drinks at the bar, and I was behind aLOT of people. Everyone was waiving cash at the bartender, so I figured I would show some form of payment to get his attention! (By the way, male bartenders tend to serve the girls first, for obvious reasons lol). So out comes the AMEX and I'm reaching over people trying to get his attention. I guess the gold glitter caught the light a certain way, because he looks at me, reaches over people in front of me, and takes my order! BAM! Time is money, so maybe this crazy $175 AF will pay for itself in a variety of ways!! LOL

This got me thinking, I wonder what some of your funniest/craziest/weirdest stories are after people caught of peep of one of your handsomely-dressed credit cards?? Because, let's face it, everyone is just a little bit materialistic. 

I was at a Guns n' Roses concert a few months ago, and I decided to hop out of my seat to buy something to eat. I ended up at the register with a hotdog, fries, coke, and the most annoying checkout chick ever. I handed her my Ritz card and the conversation went something like this:

Her: Whoa, this is REALLY heavy. I've never seen one of these before. Is it an Amex?

Me: What do I do? (I knew where this was headed but tried to play dumb for a bit)

Her: You know, like for a living. I'll bet it's something really cool, isn't it?

1. B*tch, you don't even know me and you're asking these kinds of questions? Really? Talk about being too forward.

2. You have trouble written all over you. You're the kind of chick my father taught me since I was 3 to avoid like the plague.

3. You have WAY too much makeup caked all over your face, plus the hair extensions, etc. This means either you:

a) Have moderate to severe self-confidence issues if you feel the need to wear that much

4. You've got fake eyelashes on, and your spray tan makes you look darker than my cousin's girlfriend who is from Egypt. Yup it's b, you're probably a gold-digging wh*re.

Me: What do I do for a living? Avoid questions from girls who have trouble written all over their face, that's what. Can I have my card now please? I can wear Welcome to the Jungle starting and I want to get back to my seat.

A girl tries to make conversation with you and you randomly accuse her of being a gold digging wh*re and insult her appearance?  You call her a b*tch because she doesn't know you and asks what you do for a living, yet you go and call her these things and insult her without knowing her. That's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

+1 , your reaction and emotional thought towards the girl seemed a bit overly extreme / dramatic.

Last app: 7/14/13
Message 23 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Commandolam wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

Nope, not at all. I didn't say any of those things in 1-4 to her out loud, but that was what I was thinking. I'm a very good judge of character, and I'm rarely wrong in cases like this. When you deal with it often enough, you learn to recognize the signs and it becomes very obvious very quickly.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 24 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Well, I think we can move on from CreditScholar's 'funny' story. Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 53
CEOriginal
Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

I'm a set carpenter. He owns the video rental house that supplies all of the big Hollywood award shows and huge music tours all that fancy video gear. Not really sure why he offered me a job as I can barely get my laptop hooked up to an external monitor. I guess he liked my attitude (get it done on time and on budget and never hold up a shoot). Guess he had a spot for me somewhere, I just won't move to LA for anything. 

We had drinks a few nights later. Same deal, over the top excessive spending. Turns out he can't spend it fast enough. Offered me a company car (Porsche reject of his) a great house to live in for free and of course a Centurion Business card. And pay. Great pay and benefits. But alas I won't move to LA. Even for a metal card. 

So here I sit on MyFico trying to move from my lowly Platinum to a Centurion card - for all the wrong reasons. May never happen but if it does I will think about it really hard. Then I will remind myself I'm not in LA for a reason, life goes on and I'm truly happy. 

I hear ya. I've been to LA once and was amazed at everyone's plastic personality. Definitely not for me either.

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 26 of 53
CEOriginal
Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

Maybe the bartender was gay and thought you were cute? Smiley Happy

HAhahahahhahahahahaha .. Hahahahahahahhahaha .... I've never thought of that. Looks like the forecast is calling for rain, right on time for my parade. Smiley Sad

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 27 of 53
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Lol awesome story so far. I'm sure you read this from me before but here it is...

Pulled out my Barclaycard Ring and the cashier told me that it is a nice prepaid card with pay&tap option. She also asked how to loan the money and where to get it.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 28 of 53
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Ahh, I was in Orlando the entire time. Spend 4 days helping my cousin with his wedding, spent the other 3 days at Disneyworld with the rest of my cousins, but your not to far (hell, everything in Florida seems pretty far away.) I've been to Boca Raton, Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami about 5-10 years ago, so I'm sure I've been past Lakeland. 

OTOH, I love the rain (just not the humidity that comes after it.) I like San Francisco as well (I'd never want to live there though.) Yeah, LA can be a pretty interesting place. I live pretty close to Six Flags so I go there maybe once every 6 months, and there is a lot to do out here in terms of amusement parks and such but it's boring after a while (kind of like living close to Disneyworld as you do.) That's pretty cool, I didn't know about Frank Lloyd Wright's building's over there...lol. 

It's an awesome campus. The feel is just so foreign compared to other typical Florida buildings of any time period. He met with the City Council at one point and offered to design a new City Hall and several other City buildings. Story goes that our Mayor scoffed at his fee and turned him down. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. It's one of the main reasons I continue to live here. I get to drive by it at least twice daily and I live one block away so I walk it all the time. 

Thanks to all of you who visit Florida and Disney. We can use the money... sorry about the southern obese scooter riders. 

Message 29 of 53
Open123
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Thanks to all of you who visit Florida and Disney. We can use the money... sorry about the southern obese scooter riders. 

Will be headed there in September, I think.  It'll be my first visit to a Disneyworld of any kind.  Do you think it's better to stay in or out of the Park?

CC impressions - I was at the Beverly Center looking around for a new watch.  This older gentleman next to me with two young and extremely comely female companions was buying a $30,000 watch with an Amex Platinum.  

After seeing that, I've always associated Amex with luxury spending.

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.