cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

tag
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Re: Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

So I always go to this mom and pop Thai restaurant, and I always use my Freedom. Two days ago, I decided to use my CSP, so I handed it to this teenage cashier. Oh boy, the kid was playing with the card, weighing it, looking at the metal core, asking/telling the cook and other employees about the card hahaha. So he finally gave my card back, and I was just smiling at him lmao. Man, if that kid sees and hold a Centurion or Palladium, I bet he'll go nuts about it lol (I did when I first saw and held the Centurion.... lol)

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 53
CEOriginal
Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I've had several interesting reactions to my Palladium card, but one in particular stands out. After handing my card to a cashier at a local salad joint, the guy completely freaked out on me. "THIS IS THE COOLEST CARD EVER!!!" He starts jumping up and down and then starts showing all his coworkers my card. He ends with, "Tell you what boss, I'm going to comp your salad because you're the man." I've never seen someone get so excited over a form of payment.

I've also received several not-so-subtle passes from waitresses and nightclub staff when using that card, not that I would want to associate with any girl that would give it up to a stranger because his credit card is heavy. I guess there's a reason my friend calls it the "get-laidium" card.

LOL!! Funniest thing I've read on here

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 52 of 53
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I've had several interesting reactions to my Palladium card, but one in particular stands out. After handing my card to a cashier at a local salad joint, the guy completely freaked out on me. "THIS IS THE COOLEST CARD EVER!!!" He starts jumping up and down and then starts showing all his coworkers my card. He ends with, "Tell you what boss, I'm going to comp your salad because you're the man." I've never seen someone get so excited over a form of payment.

I've also received several not-so-subtle passes from waitresses and nightclub staff when using that card, not that I would want to associate with any girl that would give it up to a stranger because his credit card is heavy. I guess there's a reason my friend calls it the "get-laidium" card.

Quote of the day, hahahahhaahha!

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.