cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny response from 1st premiere closure call....

tag
ECHOBOI4U
New Contributor

Funny response from 1st premiere closure call....

I finally closed our old 1st premiere MC account today along with some other paid off subprime cards.  I got an account manager on the phone that asked me why I was calling.  i told him that the card had served its purpose and that I have good credit now and no need for a fee based card anymore with such a low limit.  He told me they report to the 3 creit bureaus.  I said, yeah so do my prime cards that I have now with no fees.  He got angry and said hastily, "well, how do you know that?"  I said because I have credit services where I can regulary pull my CRAs and see this is true.  He huffed and then said that I was stupid for closing this card.  I said "excuse me?"  He then laid into me saying that they were one of the best credit card companies out there and well worth it.  I laughed and said... "really?...Are you kidding me...?"  I then went through all the fees (monthly, annual, payment fees, account opening fees, origination fees, etc...).  I then said "why would I continue to pay more than $150 a year for a credit card when I can have some now for free?"  He then offered me a $48 credit.  I said no thanks.  He then scoffed and said "God you are jst stupid."   I laughed at him again and he said well, I am gonna close your acount.  I simply replied, "no, I am calling to request it be closed by consumer."  He yelled..."FINE FINE Have it your way..."  I said "Great.  Send me a final notice bill with a zero balance and notation of closure by consumer....Oh and be sure to make sure it is that way on my CRAs."  He scoffed again and called me a pain in the a**.  I said.."Great..Thank you...Now you just confirmed my decision."  He then slammed the phone down on me.

Can you believe this crap.  What a bunch of losers.  Glad to be done with them.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Funny response from 1st premiere closure call....

@ECHOBOI4U wrote:

I finally closed our old 1st premiere MC account today along with some other paid off subprime cards.  I got an account manager on the phone that asked me why I was calling.  i told him that the card had served its purpose and that I have good credit now and no need for a fee based card anymore with such a low limit.  He told me they report to the 3 creit bureaus.  I said, yeah so do my prime cards that I have now with no fees.  He got angry and said hastily, "well, how do you know that?"  I said because I have credit services where I can regulary pull my CRAs and see this is true.  He huffed and then said that I was stupid for closing this card.  I said "excuse me?"  He then laid into me saying that they were one of the best credit card companies out there and well worth it.  I laughed and said... "really?...Are you kidding me...?"  I then went through all the fees (monthly, annual, payment fees, account opening fees, origination fees, etc...).  I then said "why would I continue to pay more than $150 a year for a credit card when I can have some now for free?"  He then offered me a $48 credit.  I said no thanks.  He then scoffed and said "God you are jst stupid."   I laughed at him again and he said well, I am gonna close your acount.  I simply replied, "no, I am calling to request it be closed by consumer."  He yelled..."FINE FINE Have it your way..."  I said "Great.  Send me a final notice bill with a zero balance and notation of closure by consumer....Oh and be sure to make sure it is that way on my CRAs."  He scoffed again and called me a pain in the a**.  I said.."Great..Thank you...Now you just confirmed my decision."  He then slammed the phone down on me.

Can you believe this crap.  What a bunch of losers.  Glad to be done with them.

Holy cow!

This says tons about the (lack of) quality people they hire.

Message 2 of 15
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

It honestly just seems crazy that he would have been that offended and care that much. He must be evaluated on some sort of retention metric or something. Otherwise, I just can't imagine what would drive him to be so emotional.
Message 3 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow! Smiley Surprised

I'd print off my current card activity showing the $0 balance, if you can still get in your account, and if you haven't already. I wouldn't trust this guy an inch.

Wow.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sounds like it is time for a letter to the CEO. Also time for an official complaint if anything bogus turns up.

Can't get enough of that subprime mentality! Don't ya just love it?

Message 5 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

That is absolutely incredible! 

On the other hand, you educated yourself and knew the facts.  His only shot was in bullying you (or, trying to anyways).

It must have felt great to be in control of this situation, Echoboi4u.  Kudos to you!

Message 6 of 15
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Why would this CSR get so jumpy over just one cancellation?  Could it be that a lot of people are dumping Orchard and they are starting to feel the heat?
Message Edited by Underh20 on 09-19-2009 04:29 PM
Message Edited by Underh20 on 09-19-2009 04:50 PM
Message 7 of 15
Established Contributor

Underh20 wrote:
IWhy would this CSR get so jumpy over just one cancellation.  Could it be that a lot of people are dumping Orchard and they are starting to feel the heat?

Great question!  I wondered why this would even happen in the first place myself.

Maybe they have a bonus "plan" for all accounts they can keep open in this type of instance?

Money in one's pocket can be a big motivation. IMHO 

Message 8 of 15
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

@Underh20 wrote:
IWhy would this CSR get so jumpy over just one cancellation.  Could it be that a lot of people are dumping Orchard and they are starting to feel the heat?

Great question!  I wondered why this would even happen in the first place myself.

Maybe they have a bonus "plan" for all accounts they can keep open in this type of instance?

Money in one's pocket can be a big motivation. IMHO 

Agreed!

I have a suggestion for Orchard: Scrap your crappy account retention bonus scheme and let the Orchard card grow out of the subprime league when the case merits.  Maybe then you won't have to worry about account retention and you can save the bonus money.

Message 9 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Could be he recently found out his wife's boyfriend is 15 years younger that he is...

Seriously though, speaking as a several year veteran of call center operations, it is most likely due to management practices. The coaches/managers are the ones that monitor the calls - nobody monitors their calls. Add in a ton of pressure to perform from above and you can end up with a real hash. I bet if one of his subordinates did that on a monitored call they would be disciplined or fired.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.