Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny thing on Barclay's site

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Funny thing on Barclay's site

I just logged to check that my payment went and it did, but now Barclay's has a "minimum" payment due of the negative amount of the payment so it shows I have to pay them -58 dollars, though it doesn't give a due date.

So should I call them and ask if they'd like to pay me the minimum I'm due by check, or account credit? Smiley Very Happy

(You gotta have fun with this stuff)

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Funny thing on Barclay's site

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I just logged to check that my payment went and it did, but now Barclay's has a "minimum" payment due of the negative amount of the payment so it shows I have to pay them -58 dollars, though it doesn't give a due date.

So should I call them and ask if they'd like to pay me the minimum I'm due by check, or account credit? Smiley Very Happy

(You gotta have fun with this stuff)

Yea I seen the same thing the first time I made a payment on the account, -380.00 Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

LOL cant hurt to call I guess

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I do not like the site at all, and I have text alerts to my cell and when they come through it shows my min. due even after paying... first couple times I'm like OMG I missed the payment because it shows date due and I have gotten text a couple days after still showing the min. due but upon logging in it shows min. due but then under it says current due $0. Why wouldn't the current due of $0 update to reflect a $0 min. due also!!

Message 4 of 9
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Yeah I'm not a fan of Barclays online banking, either. It's just weird and certain things don't make sense...they need to revamp it. 

Photobucket
Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well at least they stopped holding my payments, im happy about that! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I just made my first Barclays payment and they credited it within a decent amount of time. I wonder why others have had problems.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 7 of 9
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

I just made my first Barclays payment and they credited it within a decent amount of time. I wonder why others have had problems.

They did credit it within a few days, but I don't think they meant to say my payment due was a negative amount. Here, maybe a screenshot will show what it looks like:

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 9
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

When I make too many payments to American Express that happens to me too.  Don't worry about it. It'll fix itself. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.