Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furious at BoA!

tag
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

Furious at BoA!

I just logged into my BoA online banking and I saw that my available credit is 0 what's going on?

I tried to call the customer service they said they can't see my account in their system? what the?

OMG this is outrageous!

Did anyone ever experience this before?

I called in today earlier about moving my other two BoA credit lines into one ..... help!!!

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Furious at BoA!

Sounds like they closed your account. Have you called other reps?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 21
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

What I saw: (link removed - problem resolved)

Anyone ever have this problem? HELP! I have checking and savings with them how can they do this to me??

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep calling them. Over and over until you get an answer.

Message 4 of 21
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

I shouldn't have moved my credit line .... I called the EO its closed, backdoor number still on hold ... omg this is bad

2nd csr says she can't access my profile only my bank accounts

Message 5 of 21
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

I just logged into my BoA online banking and I saw that my available credit is 0 what's going on?

I tried to call the customer service they said they can't see my account in their system? what the?

OMG this is outrageous!

I called in today earlier about moving my other two BoA credit lines into one ..... help!!!

It looks like they might have closed your account. What was your credit limit on this? Do you normally have such a high statement balance? I'm wondering if the UTIL could have spooked them. Do you have balances on any other accounts? I agree that you should call them and see if they did in fact close your account. And if they did, I'd ask to talk to a supervisor.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 6 of 21
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I'm with everyone else in that it sure looks like they closed the account. I hope you get this worked out. Here's wish you well.....

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 7 of 21
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@chwebb1 wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

OMG this is outrageous!

It looks like they might have closed your account. What was your credit limit on this? Do you normally have such a high statement balance? I'm wondering if the UTIL could have spooked them. Do you have balances on any other accounts? I agree that you should call them and see if they did in fact close your account. And if they did, I'd ask to talk to a supervisor.

omg this supervisior on the phone says that he can't see my account either and looks like it has been closed by someone in the "credit department"......

my credit limit was > 25K and this might be higher than normal but there were times that the balance is way higher, but I generally keep it under 10%.

Is it possible that they screwed something up when they're trying to combine/transfer my credit limits??

this is scary omg

I'm now trying the analyst number 866-811-4108

Message 8 of 21
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

OMG this is outrageous!

omg this supervisior on the phone says that he can't see my account either and looks like it has been closed by someone in the "credit department"......

my credit limit was > 25K and this might be higher than normal but there were times that the balance is way higher, but I generally keep it under 10%.

Is it possible that they screwed something up when they're trying to combine/transfer my credit limits??

this is scary omg

I'm now trying the analyst number 866-811-4108

Let us know how it goes. I assume you wouldn't be able to get someone from the credit department on the phone this late tonight, right?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 9 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Hopefully they recorded your conversation like most credit card companies and can straighten it out tomorrow during regular business hours. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.