Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furious with Ge Capital

tag
Pastryprincessnails
Regular Contributor

Furious with Ge Capital

Why would they lower my credit limit I make all of my payments on time I do have a few cards with them help!!!!!
NFCU $17k Amex Gold Jared $3k PC Richards $1500 Discover IT $1800 NYCO $3k BOFA $4500 Macys $2400 Credit One $1450 Victorias Secret $2950 Walmart $4k Target $800 Capital One $1850 JCrew $8700 Paypal $600 Best Buy Mastercard $1500 Barclays $1430 Amazon Store Card $480 Amazon Visa $4k The Limited $1050 Old Navy $5k Overstock $1150 Citibank Dc $1700 Raymour and Flanigan $2500 Chase Freedom $1k Chase Slate $3200
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Furious with Ge Capital

How many cards do you have?

What are your balances on each card?

any derogs

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

CLDs can occur at any given time by any lender.  Lenders just don't CLD or take AA for the sake of doing so.  You may need to check with them to find out what triggered the AA or CLD.  The likely reasons could point to high overal utilization or incremental debt/balances in proportion to your other lines, any recent derogatory information on your CRs, high number of recently opened tradelines, unusual spending patterns on their cards, etc.

Message 3 of 10
Pastryprincessnails
Regular Contributor

I have a total of 14 cards unfortunately I owe about $6800 with $4200 still available a few of my cards are maxed I hit a financial hardship and needed to use the cards...I also within the last few months got a new derog after having none...and am upset that after cleaning up my credit and paying my cards on time I am upset to say the least the derog is a checking account that was overdrawn and got closed...what do I do now?
NFCU $17k Amex Gold Jared $3k PC Richards $1500 Discover IT $1800 NYCO $3k BOFA $4500 Macys $2400 Credit One $1450 Victorias Secret $2950 Walmart $4k Target $800 Capital One $1850 JCrew $8700 Paypal $600 Best Buy Mastercard $1500 Barclays $1430 Amazon Store Card $480 Amazon Visa $4k The Limited $1050 Old Navy $5k Overstock $1150 Citibank Dc $1700 Raymour and Flanigan $2500 Chase Freedom $1k Chase Slate $3200
Message 4 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, this happened to me a few back, before I filed bK. I did the same thing.... Maxed out several cards, and thru happened to soft me, with all their cards maxed as well. It sent up a huge red flag to them, and cld all if cards, which actually made me over my current CL with the decrease, which sent me more into a tail spin downward.
Work in getting those balances down, and eventually your CL will start slowly going up. They got spooked , and are trying to protect themselves from a business standpoint.
Message 5 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry for all the typos and leaving words out. I'm on my phone
Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

While the standard reaction to be upset with the lender is a given, you can not really blame GECRB for taking adverse action/CLD based on their day-to-day risk assessments.  They obviously reviewed your credit profile and determined there were sufficient red flags that led to taking such action.  Just be glad they didn't close your accounts.

It would appear at this point that any current balances/debts need to be paid down/off.  Not sure what you can do about the negative item if it is legitimately reporting, other than work with that institution/lender to see what options you have.  As far as your GECRB CLs, you might as well forget those for a while until your profile is cleaned up and conditions are ideal to restore those CLs.

Message 7 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

CLDs can occur at any given time by any lender.  Lenders just don't CLD or take AA for the sake of doing so.  You may need to check with them to find out what triggered the AA or CLD.  The likely reasons could point to high overal utilization or incremental debt/balances in proportion to your other lines, any recent derogatory information on your CRs, high number of recently opened tradelines, unusual spending patterns on their cards, etc.

+1.  I think it's best to work on the issues that led to CLD and then see if CLs can be reinstated once those issues are resolved.   The baddie and UTIL should probably be the main points of focus.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 10
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I don't see why would you be worried about a cld compared with your obvious debt racking issue. You need to first stop adding debt to your ge accs that have pretty high interest rates.

The only problem i see if you would want to app for new credit and there your utilization would be a factor.

But new credit will only make your grave bigger.

Start paying down debt and no more new credit
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 9 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

While the standard reaction to be upset with the lender is a given, you can not really blame GECRB for taking adverse action/CLD based on their day-to-day risk assessments.  They obviously reviewed your credit profile and determined there were sufficient red flags that led to taking such action.  Just be glad they didn't close your accounts.

It would appear at this point that any current balances/debts need to be paid down/off.  Not sure what you can do about the negative item if it is legitimately reporting, other than work with that institution/lender to see what options you have.  As far as your GECRB CLs, you might as well forget those for a while until your profile is cleaned up and conditions are ideal to restore those CLs.

+1

OP, financial hardships are really difficult, but that is the worst time to start racking up credit card debt.  In this day and age, banks can see when you're running into difficulty at an early stage and the CLD is simply GE trying to protect their best interests.  Banks have been burned for years by people maxing out their total credit lines, then filing bankruptcy.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.