Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Changes to the Capital One Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Future Changes to the Capital One Secured Card

That's good to hear... I've been trying to get them to fix my one Secured card I have with Cap1... I got it about three years ago and I don't want to lose those years just yet. They offered to refund the AF but say they can't remove it since that's what the terms are unless I get some kind of offer to get rid of it Smiley Frustrated But they keep reducing the features (Credit inform reporting service and additional desposits for higher limit).

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man, this is really hyping me up.  If I can get a Quicksilver One without any inquiries/new accounts, get rid of my secured card, and be able to get soft CLIs very regularly, I'd be a very happy camper.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooooo...

If I can eventually roll my Secured card into my QS1 I would be so, so happy.  I'll have to see what's going on this summer once my QS1 is 6 months old.  My Secured card has already gone through Credit Steps and by the time that happens my QS1 will have gone through credit steps also.  Nice.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hyped about this too, I have had my secured card for over a year and never use it because its got no rewards, but I started using it because I thought it was gonna be able to get cli, but If I can combine that would be way better!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

In about two weeks, my secured card will reach the six month mark.  The standard cli has been $300 in the recent past-I can't recall anyone getting more than that.  it will be interesting to see if that still holds.  I've used the card heavily throughout.  If I get more than the $300, that will be a good sign that the rules really have changed for this card.  I'll post my results.

Also, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a cli from Capital One after the initial six month one.  If that starts happening, I hope people will chime in with the results.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um, but can we get our deposits back? They changed the terms on us and we will no longer be able to add deposits, but aren't they giving us our deposits back?
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't heard anything about their plans for returning the security deposits.  I'm thinking they may adopt what the Bank of America card does and return it after a year and convert the card into a regular unsecured-hopefully with a nice cli tacked on for good measure.  But with the way they quietly presented and then removed the $100 rebuilder card, they may not have even have the details of this worked out themselves yet.  Should know more by next month.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my 6th statement posted earlier this week on the secured card, and no love from Cap One.   Used the card heavily each month, paid in full before satements cut.  Nothing more I can do for this one, so I guess it goes in the SD with its immovable $300 credit line.  Maybe things will change in the coming months.  If not, I'll close it out at the one year mark.  It's done its job, in any case.  I pulled my true Fico scores from CCT, and was happy to see they have increased nicely to TU 690, EX 670 and EQ 683.  Credit Karma was giving me a TU score of 626, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Tried to increase credit line on Platinum card last night and got the 2-3 day message.  Its had 3 statements cut, been used heavily, and paid in full, so again nothing more I can do about it.

On the plus side, I contacted chat and had the Platinum card upgraded to Quicksilver.Smiley Happy  That's the thing I wanted the most, so I consider the week a credit success!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious to see what the changes are. It's May and I'm ineligible to combine the card, but not allowed to increase my line with CLI button or add deposits. A little frustrating!!
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined this form after i recieved an awesome email from Cap One! I immediately came to see if anyone receive it and I read this.. well as of today 01/27/2017 .. my secure card that i have had for about a year is being upgraded to an unsecure card and I received my deposit back!! Cap one is awesome!!!!!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.