Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future apps with Amex and laying groundwork

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Future apps with Amex and laying groundwork

As my sig says I am in the garden until 2015, although things will move very quickly in Jan. Currently I have the Amex PRG and BCP (approved 1/2/14) and SPG approved 6/27/14). Now in Jan I want to pick up the the Amex everyday preferred card, which leads to the following questions. 

1. I have seen talk about a PRG retention bonus. I may be willing to pay the AF if I get a retention bonus (assuming that it offsets the AF), otherwise I will want to get rid of the PRG card. At what point in time would I speak to Amex re: retention bonuses?

2. If I decide I do not want the AF when would I have to cancel the PRG by to avoid the AF? The reason this is important to me is that in Jan I want to app for the Amex everyday card and have my MRs from my PRG merge safely into that account. Is it possible to cancel the PRG in mid-Jan and avoid the AF?

3. The same question pretty much applies to the AF on the BCP card. I won't know until Jan if I am going to get approved for the Amex everyday. If I get denied for it then I would continue to use the BCP.

4. If I got approved amex everyday I would likely want to downgrade to the non-AF version of the BCP and SD it. Then maybe move some of the credit line over to other cards the following month. If I downgrade the BCP will it be considered a new card for purposes of transferring the credit line over at the 13 month mark?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.